Elliptical

Options
Ok...I am in the market for an elliptical.
These are the credentials is needs to fit:
- Under $800
- At least a 20" stride
- Long lasting, no cheap frail ones
- Smooth stride
I like the Octane Q35 and the Livestrong ones, but they are so pricey! Hopefully I can find one that is in great condition on craigslist bc everyone is selling them. I would like any comments or feedback on ones you might own or tried that are great machines that have a smooth nice motion for around 500, no more than 800.
Thanks!!

Replies

• Meganne1982
    Options
    I got a Gold's Gym Stride Trainer 500 at Walmart. I bought it in Oct of 2010, when I got it, it was on sale for $250 down from $350. It's pretty quiet- when a squeak pops up, I WD-40 it, the computer on it is great, it has great intensity options, with a built in fan. I love it! I use it almost everyday.
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    I have a Nordictrack that I got at Sears last year. They price-matched it for me for the lowest price that I found online (around $600 if I remember right). Although it has not gotten major use, it holds up to me well (I weigh 192) and does not have any squeaks or wobble at all. I read alot of reviews in that price range and this one was a very good one. It has an adjustable stride of 13,15, 18 inches. I am only 5'2" so use the 13inch stride to keep my knees from getting angry. I know Nordictrack does make a few models with a longer stride. Long story short, I am happy with the Nordictrack brand as far as a lower priced elliptical. Hope this helps!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have a Scwinn 430 that I got through Amazon. I'm not sure how it fits some of your criteria, but it is an awesomely smooth and heavy duty machine.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just responded to the feed post you made for me re the elliptical. Unfortunately I don't have a good suggestion under 800 but I thought I'd post my response here since the feed moves so fast. Ps, the ones at the gym are Lifefitness with a touch screen and are very accurate on calories compared to my HRM. The older Lifefitness ones aren’t as accurate (saying +200 calories burnt which isn’t true) but the stride is still good and I log the same calories as the new machines here on MFP as long as I did the same miles/time; 7.5 in 55 minutes.

"I actually joined a gym Dec 31st and I love it! (I put my love Turbo Jam on the back-burner after 4 years). It was a $99 a year deal (dealfind.com, like the more internationally known groupon.com) so I just couldn’t pass it up! I bought an elliptical years ago but it didn’t assemble correctly (you had to do it yourself) so it was a waist of $300. Problem is, you really need to invest more into an elliptical like $2000 to get a good gym-quality one and make sure it comes with professional assembly. Thanks for the support ladies! "