Refueling question

Options
2»

Replies

• alhs
    alhs Posts: 8
    Options
    I must be doing something right - lost 3 pounds this week!!! :)
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    (basically aiming to net 1200 calories between food and exercise during any given day
    You're not eating enough. At your weight, you can easily lose on ~1800-2000 calories net - ie before logging and eating back exercise cals.

I suggest you check out a website like http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html and calculate your net needs (don't include exercise) and then subtract 20% from that. Which is ~1lb/week loss. A lower loss goal and more food will make training easier, will reduce muscle loss, and will make it a lot easier fro you to lose your final 40lbs because your metabolism will not be lowering nearly as quickly. I advise that you weigh yourself or ask your trainer for your current weight so you can recalculate your needs properly - if he has suggested 1200 calories for you then honestly I would get a new trainer or only utilize him for exercise help and NOT dietary help.

this! ^^
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different, but I personally like to add extra calories the day before long runs/extensive workouts. Almost like a carbo-load. That should also give you some more energy for your heavy cardio.

You could also split it up and do half the day/night before and the rest throughout the weekend.

Try it out and see what works for you.