Is anyone a Vet?

Healthyby30
Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Have a question about my poor puppy! Anyone a vet? I called mine but they're closed today..trying to figure out if I should call another or if I can wait..

Thanks!

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Try calling another vet in your area. If it is something serious I would not wait to have your puppy seen. Animal hospitals are a great resource as well, although they can be a bit pricey.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    I am not a vet but if you're that concerned or unsure then you should probably at least call another one and see what they think...
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    I'm just a vet student, but if you think it needs to see a vet you should find one that is open today. Kinda like with a kid, you always need a back up Dr just in case.
  • Healthyby30
    Thanks guys, I did call another place that can't get her in until late today.. (small town 2 vet clinics..not good!) Oh and the animal hospital, closest one is an hour away..so that's not good either!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Thanks guys, I did call another place that can't get her in until late today.. (small town 2 vet clinics..not good!) Oh and the animal hospital, closest one is an hour away..so that's not good either!

Aww man! What a pickle. I hope it's nothing serious but I'd still take him to the vet that can see you later. I love animals and treat them like part of my family. :)
  • Healthyby30

Aww man! What a pickle. I hope it's nothing serious but I'd still take him to the vet that can see you later. I love animals and treat them like part of my family. :)

Yeah, I'm the same way. I ended up just calling her vet and getting her checked out in a few minutes. Thank God for that emergency line!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    So what's wrong with your puppy?? Keep us updated!!!
  • Healthyby30
    She's ok..thankfully. Well, she was spayed on last tuesday, then chewed her stitches out. Took her back to vet and she got staples..she chewed them out too! We tried everything, e collar, bitter orange, muzzle..grrr. She's fine now though lol
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Poor baby, hope she heals quicks, sounds like it was a good thing you went in....
This discussion has been closed.