Healthy Lunch Ideas

Options
YeahMe
YeahMe Posts: 35 Member
When I am at work I usually would stop at a fast food place order a greasy hamburger meal and call it a day. And then I wonder why I look the way I do! LOL Well that is now going to change. I packed my lunch today...a chicken salad. But I can tell that, that menu will get old really fast.

Does anyone have any interesting and tasty packable lunch ideas? Let me know yours!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• mariasheehan
    Options
    hi there, did you try looking under the recipe section on the forum page? lots of members have posted great recipes there already, or you can search the forum under lunches; I just had a quick look and there's lots of feedback. I also like the website www.hungrygirl.com for lots of low fat receipes. I hope this helps a little. M :-)
  • harleyquinn1504
    harleyquinn1504 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a fridge and microwave at work, you can always make a slightly larger meal at night, and save the leftovers for work. That's how I make lunches for my husband all week.
  • EAchuff
    Options
    Hello....not sure where you are from but I get the Lean C small lunch frozen meals. They are good, I add a Motts Applesauce with it and it filling enough for me. Acme in PA has them on sale at times as well. Good luck....I am not much of a packer for Lunce so going to the freezer is easy.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    try this website too : http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    I like alternating wraps and pitas. I always use onions, peppers and lettuce and alternate the other toppings based on what I cooked on the George Foreman Grill for that week. Hummus replaces mayo and keeps at room temperature. Other than that, top with lettuce, and chicken or lean roast beef. Tortilla wraps and pitas are good at not getting soggy like bread so chicken and tuna salads can both go in. Adding a piece of fruit to your lunch will help fill you up and adds variety. You can also add half a can of the Healthy Choice soups as a side since soups have such small servings. If you put it in a Thermos it should stay warm. Hope it helps.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I love salads - try changing things up by adding different ingredients: beans, avocado, different types of veggies (ex. add sprouts or peppers or zucchini or other things you don't normally add), you can add non traditional dressing-replacements like some fresh lemon juice, greek yogurt or pico de gallo. Experiment with different proteins in your salad - I like tuna, whole pieces of salmon or other fish, chicken, turkey, seitan, and probably a few others. Also, turn your salads into wraps - La Tortilla Factory has some great lower-calorie wraps that are pretty healthy. I also love bringing leftovers for lunch - make an extra serving of dinner and put it in a container right away so it's ready to grab and go!

In the end, I eat a lot of the same things for lunches, but I'm willing to deal with a little repetition/boredom because it makes it much easier when I know what I'm eating and I know it fits into my plan.
  • mezmez73
    Options
    HOW ABOUT A NICE SALAD!!! LETTUCE, CUCUMBERS, BROCCOLI, SHREDDED CHEESE AND DRESSING!
    I MADE A TACO SALAD LAST NITE FOR DINNER AND IT HAD ALL THAT PLUS HAMBURGER MEAT AND TORTILLA CHIPS AND IT WAS 650 CALORIES!!! PERFECT DINNER!!! AND VERY FILLING!!!!
    OR WHAT ABOUT A WHEAT BAGEL WITH HOMEMADE TUNA....BOUT 300 CALORIES
    OR LOW FAT LUNCH MEAT WITH 2 SLICES OF AMERICAN-LOW FAT CHEESE AND LETTUCE

-MY DR TOLD ME TO EAT WHAT I LIKE TO EAT JUST MODIFY IT!!! SO INSTEAD OF FULL FAT DRESSING, I GO FOR LOW FAT OR LOW CALORIE

-I LOOOOOVE CHEEZITS......I COULD EAT THE DARN BOX AT ONE SITTING!!!

SO WHEN I HAVE A SANDWICH FOR LUNCH, I PAIR IT WITH CHEEZITS FOR THAT CRUNCH!
    OR I CRUSH THEM UP AND UP THEM ON MY SALAD!!!
    I JUST LOOK AT THE BOOK AND SEE WHAT THE SERVING SIZE IS AND ONLY EAT THAT!!!!

-GOOD LUCK AND REMEMBER......WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :) JEN
  • teresaann113
    Options
    The LC along with lowfat yogurt is plenty to keep me going through lunch and a snack for the day. For a change up I pack leftovers occassionally. One key thing in weight loss--don't deprive yourself of the things you really like--just eat less of it! So instead of the larger meals I pack much smaller ones!
  • gsg37
    gsg37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lunch is always hard for me too, I like to get away from the office so I have been in the habit of going out to eat. I am trying to change this. Today I brought the Smart Ones Ziti dish and it is always my favorite. I appreciate all the great ideas you have been given and plan to write some of these down to use. I need all the help I can get too!! Good luck with your weight loss.