I GOT IN THE BIG POOL! :bigsmile:

Options
I currently weigh 474lbs (215kg)...I started dieting a month ago and have lost almost 38 lbs (17kg), I have osteoarthritis in my knees and rotor cuff disease in both shoulders. I'm getting a gastric sleeve in january.

Smiley (my daughter), K (my partner) and I hit the aquatic centre again yesterday afternoon. We had a ball AND I got in the big pool!! This may not seem like anything special to any of you, but for me it was a MASSIVE achievement and proof that I'm heading in the right direction with my health.

Let me explain why,
the big pool doesn't have normal entrance/exit...it has those stupid ones where you have the grab the rails and climb up them (with tiny cut out in the pool's wall). Both of my shoulders need an operation for torn ligaments, which means both of my arms are as weak as piss (excuse the profanity).

The YMCA did put a shabby, weak wobbly steps for the elderly that just looking at it gave me severe anxiety. I tried to get in a few weeks back but never made the first step before panicking. But yesterday, K and Smiles held the rails and made it secure so I could get in. Excellent! I was able to swim about 6-8 laps! And getting out was a breeze!

This means I can finally start doing the aqua aerobics classes!!! I adore aqua aerobics, and miss going to classes! So I'm totally buzzed!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    That is quite the accomplishment -- good for you! I used to teach aqua aerobics classes and they were one of my favourite parts of the job. Enjoy! :D
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU. You must be so happy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    WOO WOO! Great accomplishment, plus any water exercise is great for the joints!
  • Nixygirl
    Nixygirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanx guys! I went again tonight and did even more laps, it felt so good to be back to swimming! It's been so long!