Restarting - 20kg to lose - newly vegan

Options
Hi! :)
I'm looking for some friends to support and motivate, and to be motivated myself!
Over the last two years I have gained 20KGS! I feel sluggish, heavy and lazy.
If you feel like you can relate to any of these traits below, please add or comment! :)
- single mum
- university student
- vegan (and non-vegan!)
- BED

And everyone and anyone else :) I need some help!

xx

Replies

• FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop around and wish you luck. If you put your head completely into it you will succeed vegan or not.

I'm a former foster parent and I'm losing weight in hopes of getting pregnant. I've had several miscarriages and I'm hoping the weight loss will be the trick. So far 70 pounds down and no dice. I'm also a former vegan/vegetarian. I was vegetarian for the better part of 3 years and vegan for a total of 1 1 /2 years. I will spare you the typical comments but it didn't work for me and I ended up sluggish, fatigued, and lazy :laugh:

My advice though, if you do plan on going vegan take vitamin b12 drops and vitamin D drops. Vitamin shoppe sells b12 online in liquid form and if you only take it once a week u can get a year supply for like 10 bucks. Vitamin D drops the same thing, If you have a whole foods near you they sell this concentrated one that is a year supply for like 10 bucks also. Very easy. I also suggest getting blood test (vegan or not its usually a good idea when starting a diet) and then in 6-12 months get another one just to see if you're improving or not.

A lot of people might not agree but it's a great way to track progress. My last bit of advice is, try to resist weighing everyday or if you do take it with a grain of salt because your weight fluctuates greatly. Invest in a measuring tape and do that every 2 weeks. For example I gained 3 pounds but I had lost 4 inches around my body :laugh: the scales are cruel.

if you want to talk more about the vegan thing you can message me. I just don't want to start a hate war :laugh:
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a university student and I eat a mostly plant-based (vegan) diet, with the occasional traces of milk/eggs in some foods. Feel free to add me :)