Losing Weight by Walking?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I walk more out of necessity than for exercise (car troubles are fun), and usually log around 20-25,000 steps a day. I eat at a deficit and lift 3x a week...honestly I don't even count the walking as exercise.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I walk more out of necessity than for exercise (car troubles are fun), and usually log around 20-25,000 steps a day. I eat at a deficit and lift 3x a week...honestly I don't even count the walking as exercise.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »

I do! Especially if I can burn an extra 1000 calories. ..

• Parkercomom
    Parkercomom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes! Walking is great! I started cutting back calories 3 weeks ago, added walking 2 weeks ago, and I am down 12 pounds.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    quackers82 wrote: »
    I do lots of walking, i can get up to 1000 extra calories a day just walking when i do 4 hours of it. I've got different routes i take 1 i know currently uses approximately 273 calories and takes an hour. Do that 4 times a day and you feel it.

Yes! It does add up. I add step aerobics, stationary bike throughout the day. Also had my third beginner lift session, but all this started but just walking and the rest followed. Walking is very therapeutic!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I actually use leslie sansone walking dvds. I dont walk much outdoors since I can only workout late at night when my children are asleep I mainly use a 4 mile one about 5 days a week. I have lost 11 lbs since beginning of march and I have 15/16 more to go. I also do use shred and the firm sculpting dvds 2-3 days week as well.These have helped the weight come off and change my shape alot!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,943 Member
    Options

At over 20,000 steps you are more active than MFP's "active" setting : -) So whether you log it as an exercise depends on what activity level you've selected...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

At over 20,000 steps you are more active than MFP's "active" setting : -) So whether you log it as an exercise depends on what activity level you've selected...

I'm averaging that amount of steps too. But I've got mfp set to sedentary. That way I can choose to eat my exercise calories back, Or not.

• fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Walking (brisk) and calorie reduction has been very helpful for me. I started Mid December at 295, built up to 2 mile walks and have lost almost 70 pounds. I strive for 15 minute miles.