BodyBuggSP, BodPod and Sodium intake

Options
I started using myfitnesspal months ago and I still use it as a resource today. I couple of things that I use it for daily is just researching the foods that I eat. I was alerted to extreme sodium intake (I was eating a lot of soups for lunch) and I now have that under control. I actually found myfitnesspal a little late, I started at 213 pounds and I now weigh 180 pounds. Only five of those pounds have been since myfitnesspal but that really only tells half of the story.

Before myfitnesspal I was very focused on caloric deficit with very little exercise. While this system has it's limitations the part that was particularly enlightening for me was adding calories that I gained from exercise. So while I have not seen extreme weight loss my body looks great, better than I ever recall it looking in the past really.

This is my second go round at getting healthy and the first go round was very enlightening and I would not be where I am at today without the information I learned back then.

I am about 6 months into this go around and I feel great and I am excited about further progress. While weight is a big goal for a lot of people here I am more focused on body fat percentage at this point. I have started using the BodyBuggSP (not that crazy about it, I have written a few blog entries) and I have done 2 BodPod readings (first was 31.4% second was 30.1% two weeks later).

I am blogging my progress for those that are interested. Good luck to everyone in the New Year!