Snack Attack

Options
I'm hungry.

I'm snacky.

I'm trying REALLY HARD to stay on program and eat within my goals.

I just watched my boyfriend consume an entire pizza (and he remains rail thin). I'm jealous. And I want to lick the pizza box.

I'm going to have a banana now and eat a Lean Cuisine for lunch. Maybe add a big salad. Aargh.

Replies

• sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Whatever you eat, make it tasty. Food that is low in calories and good for you doesn't have to deprive you of taste. Start surfing for recipes of things you like to eat and then tweek them to make them leaner. Use the Recipe calculator on this site to check your calories per portion.

It's a life style change. You can do it and you can snack with style.
  • MrsWilliams0213
    MrsWilliams0213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just try ur best to have a healthy salad and maintain ur calories while doing it, u can do it
  • ebonybliss
    Options
    Yes a huge salad with lots of veggies!!!!!!! The pizza sounds good but wont do u any good after its been eaten. U can do this hang in there. The results will pay off!!!!
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I really have trouble with snacking also. I keep saying I am going to eat veggies when that happens, but they are borrriiinnng. Had a broccoli salad the other day that was great - broccoli, raisins and a little walnuts, in coleslaw dressing. It may not be 100% veggies but may be it will help me as a snack.

Soup is also good to fill me up so I don't feel snacky.

The best thing I have found lately is kale chips! You make them with Kale (get the shredded kale if you are lazy like me) and put it in a bowl with 2 tbsp oil. mix it around until all of it is coated and bake in the oven until it is crisp. Put a little sea salt on it before baking. Yummy!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I love the kale chip idea - going to try that later this week. And soup, another good one. I used to make a delicious, spicy cabbage soup that always filled me up that I could use again as filler. Thank you!