weight loss program?

Options
I was wondering, what do you guys do to help lose weight. How much did you lose and how long did it take you to lose it? My boyfriend and started our diet about a week and a half ago, i have lost about five pounds and he has lost about 7, but we are just kind of randomly doing exercises lol. Can anyone help? thanks(:
oh and I weight 252 and im 5'2". hes about 5'7"/5'8" and 217.

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I didn't really start out with any plan. I just stuck to the 1200 calories MFP recommended and tried to move more. Try new sports/exercises and find one you like because that wil make it easier to stick to it. I like DVD's at home so I've found a couple that I really love (Turbo FIre and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred).
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    See if you have Exercise TV through your cable/fios/satellite provider and try out some of the workouts there. Super convenient. My standard response to people asking how I've lost the weight is 'Eat less, move more'. It's really as basic as that. Tracking your food intake really helps and My Fitness Pal is the best tool I've found.
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My goal is 45 minutes of exercise 5 to 6 days a week. I have some knee challenges, so I usually use my recumbent bike. I usually don't make the 5 to 6 days a week but if I do, I see a difference in the scale. I want to get into some weight lifting again (used Body for Life (can I say that?), and am using a couple of videos now. I have not been exercising lately and see/feel the difference. My loss has been slow but I have kept it off...

Good luck!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I didn't really have a plan when I started, I just knew I had to lose weight. So I started with Mitch Gaylord's Melt It Off. Then I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Once I completed the 3 levels I moved on to Insanity. I started going to the gym in the mornings and did the workouts at work. I probably exercised 4-5 days a week. I also changed my eating habits because I'm a junk food junkie and I love cereal, not the good ones but the bad ones. So after doing all of that in 2010 I've managed to keep off 27lbs for the year. I had dropped 35lbs total in 2010 but I lost focus from Halloween to Christmas. Bad me. But I'm back on track now. I guess my overall plan was to just stay focused, move more and eat less.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I joined a gym (fortunatly his owrk pays for his membership) My first goal was just to go 3 times a week no matter what I did. Once I was motovated to go I tried different classes and added addiitonal work outs. It's best to figure out what you enjoy and can stick with. I personally lover zumba nad yoga, while hubby perfers teh ellipitical and weights.

I lost 25lbs in 6months w/o changing my food. I joined MFP so I could lose quicker by counting my calories and exerciseing.

Good Luck!
  • kr7213
    kr7213 Posts: 7
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs from sometime in January 2010 to June 2010 that was about that was about 9% of my starting weight. I did that through diet alone following weight watchers program, which is a great one. I didn't practise it as well as I should have and the real weightloss kicked in when I followed the program, packed my lunch and quit eating out. Lots of fruits and veggies and water and I do best with a higher protein plan...grilled chicken and veggies for lunch instead of a sandwhich. Plan your meals. As many times before, I could only go so far without excercise...so I joined a program at our local recreation facility that involved being on a team and meeting with a trainer twice a week..and also joining this site to track my food. Converting to calorie counting versus the WW points, was not a big deal. I didn't really change how I ate.. WW to a degree counts the calories for you. So, once I kicked in excercise and continued to eat clean...I lost another 13.5 lbs and a TON of inches in 12 weeks. For your current weight you can probably loose 4-5 pounds a week for the first 2-3 weeks, than I would set a goal of about 2lbs per week. I hope this helps and good luck!! Just stick with it and it you fall off a day start new the following day.