Anyone use Wii fitness games? If so, Which ones??

Options
Hello all,

So i totally give up over Xmas/New yr. Back on it tomorrow...... Fingers crossed!

Anyway.... I got a Wii for xmas and am going to buy a fitness game for it BUT i dont have the balance board, so need a game where you can just use the controller.....

So far my top 3 choices are-

Biggest loser
My fitness coach
New U by fitness first

Anybody used these or something better??

Wii only please!!!

Thanks!!! :-)

xx

Replies

• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I totally say the Wii Fit Balance Board is worth it. There is soooo much you can do to change up your routine.

I haven't tried any of the games on your list. I have played Just Dance, and that's fun, but doesn't burn a whole lot. Also, the Wii Sports Resort has some good games that get you moving and going.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I bought the Biggest Loser Challenge over the weekend and really like it. You dont HAVE to have the balance board but i highly reccomend getting one when you can. This is my first "fitness" game and so far I think it is great. I know it gotr my heart rate up and that is what counts.
  • annabanana05
    Options
    Jenny McCarthy Your Shape is good. It has a camera that you hook up and it puts you on tv so you can see exactly what your doing and it tells you when you make a mistake so you can correct it.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    : have the my fitness coach and I like using it. It will ask you how certain parts of the workout felt like easy, doing good, or too hard and it will adjust according to what you tell it so if the workouts are getting too easy they will make it harder the next time. Hope that helped:smile:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I don't have it yet but I have heard Zumba is awesome!
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I bought the Biggest Loser Challenge over the weekend and really like it. You dont HAVE to have the balance board but i highly reccomend getting one when you can. This is my first "fitness" game and so far I think it is great. I know it gotr my heart rate up and that is what counts.

I know you need the board with alot of them, so will get that in a month or 2, need to save some money first! That sounds good to me, i think i might get that one, any more info on it?? Like how easy, or cals burnt ??

Thanks so much xx
  • Nicola1944
    Options

IS that a game???
  • Nicola1944
    Options

IS that a game???

Oh i googled it, i dont think its out yet :-/
  • Nicola1944
    Options
    : have the my fitness coach and I like using it. It will ask you how certain parts of the workout felt like easy, doing good, or too hard and it will adjust according to what you tell it so if the workouts are getting too easy they will make it harder the next time. Hope that helped:smile:

Do you need a balance board?? :-)
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I played Just Dance at my sister-in-laws and I have a bodymedia calorie counter that counts the calories you burn -- and I was in the vigorous range most of the time. I usually have to run at least 4.5mph to get it to go to vigorous. I thought it was a great workout! It was so much fun too - an hour passes in no time!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options

Do you need a balance board?? :-)

No you don't need the balance board. I think it also keeps track of your calorie burn as well (I have an HRM so I keep track that way)
  • angiesteele
    Options

I know you need the board with alot of them, so will get that in a month or 2, need to save some money first! That sounds good to me, i think i might get that one, any more info on it?? Like how easy, or cals burnt ??

Thanks so much xx

You can set your intensity level. You go through the initial setup and it tells you where it thinks you need to start but you can adjust from there. I dont have a HRM so i dont know exact calories burned but i did a 30 min workout at the moderate level and the game says i burned 180 calories. I guess it all depends how much you "get into it". You can choose from Bob or Jillian as your coach and they do yell at you like on the show if they "feel" you are not doing the moves correctly. I think that is the part i love as it makes me more motivated and i yell right back at the tv. Plus, it has a menu you can follow with recipies and stuff. Like i said i just bought over the weekend so i have not gotten to all of it but my first impression was good.
  • angiesteele
    Options

IS that a game???

Oh i googled it, i dont think its out yet :-/

It is out but in hot demand. This is what i actaully went after but where i live all the stores are sold out :(
  • Nicola1944
    Options

Thanks so much xx

You can set your intensity level. You go through the initial setup and it tells you where it thinks you need to start but you can adjust from there. I dont have a HRM so i dont know exact calories burned but i did a 30 min workout at the moderate level and the game says i burned 180 calories. I guess it all depends how much you "get into it". You can choose from Bob or Jillian as your coach and they do yell at you like on the show if they "feel" you are not doing the moves correctly. I think that is the part i love as it makes me more motivated and i yell right back at the tv. Plus, it has a menu you can follow with recipies and stuff. Like i said i just bought over the weekend so i have not gotten to all of it but my first impression was good.

Sounds good, its between that or the New U one...... Hmmmm??
  • jippy60
    Options
    I love using the Wii for exercise. My favorite is (EA Sports) Active personal Trainer and you can use it with or without the balance board. It comes with resistance bands for strength training and counts the calories for you. It is a great workout. They have since come out with a new version, so not sure if the balance board is optional on that or not.

I do recommend getting the Balance Board as soon as you can. I have had the balance board for sometime now and it opens up so many more options for exercise. I received the newer version of Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and it is so much better then the original Wii Fit.

Good luck!
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    i think My Fitness Coach (1, not 2) is a decent game if you dont want to invest a lot of money (and no need for the balance board). The cardio workout is very good and will definately make you sweat! There are also lots of strength training exercises, and the game will include any fitness equipment you have at home (HRM, dumbells, step, ball...) but you can also play with none of these! ;)
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

IS that a game???

Yes, in a way. You have to follow the moves and complete the routines in order to move on to the next round. Multiple players can play at a time also.
  • llscutie57
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 and it is great! If you do the program called 'sweatpoints' I think it equals 10 sweatpoints to 1 Calorie burned. Every song is around 400 sweatpoints I believe. It is really fun and really neat to do with a group of people too!
    I got it as a belated Christmas gift, it might not be as vigorous as some but it sure is fun and a great break from the norm!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I too got The BL Challenge for Christmas, and I LOVE it. It's a very intense workout and the first time I did it I was sore for days...and I've been working out consistently, so it was great to have a change in my workout and find something to shock my body. I too recommend the balance board if you can get it. One of my new fav exercises is a hip lift--AWESOME for toning hams and glutes!
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii fit, Biggest Loser and just got Zumba for the Christmas!! I like the biggest loser and zumba the best but my son likes wii fit.