Senior Golden Sneakers - January 2011

Options
Happy New Year everyone. It's the first day of the next twelve months of our lives; a time to reaffirm our health and fitness goals.

I'd like to finish 2011 wearing a size 8 jeans. I started this journey in a women's 16-18. I'm starting this year in a size 11.

I'd like to see my blood pressure numbers down without medication. They're a little high - not serious yet but I want them down to normal.

I want to go to bed at night and not experience leg cramps, jerking or pain. I'm carrying around 30 or 40 pounds I do not need to be healthy.

I want to wear pretty clothes again. My daughter gave me three beautiful sweaters for Christmas and asked me to throw away the sweatshirts I've been hiding in. I haven't thrown them away but I did take them out of my closet.

Replies

• t_clmnts
    Options
    Good luck..it sounds like you are already committed!
  • glike
    glike Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm very new to this site and am just getting familiar with it all. I have to say that what you've written is almost a mirror of what my goals are and am starting this journey also at the 16-18 stage. Good for you for getting to the size 11, I'm confident that you'll reach your goal.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thought I would share with you, especially those who are in the Pacific Northwest, the contents of a gift box I received from my son in the Portland, Oregon area.

There were two perfect specimens of each of the following: Red D'Anjou Pears (Washington), Forelle Pears (Washington), Opal Apples, Pink Lady Apples and Golden Delicious (all from Washington), then Parsnips and Rutabagas (Oregon), wild Chanterelle Mushrooms and Crimini Mushrooms (Washington), a loaf of Dave's Killer 21 Grain Bread (Oregon), a jar of Pear/Hazelnut jam (Oregon Growers), and one container each of dried Bing Cherries and dried Blueberries both Oregon grown.

Each item was carefully tagged and there was a note that said:

A Northwestern harvest, kinda sweet, kinda sappy, to help keep my parents both healthy and happy.

Was one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received. And I've found the Oregon Growers website and intend to order more of the pear/hazelnut jam as it was the best I've ever tasted.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144967-senior-golden-sneakers-january-2011

This is the link to the Senior Golden Sneakers Thread that we are all posting on

See you there :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: