What's for dinner tonight?

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
I'm making ropa vieja--a Cuban dish made from cooked shredded beef roast. I put in onions and some El Pato Mexican Hot Tomato Sauce, with pepper, garlic, and cumin.

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    I'm making ropa vieja--a Cuban dish made from cooked shredded beef roast. I put in onions and some El Pato Mexican Hot Tomato Sauce, with pepper, garlic, and cumin.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Address, please. :love:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Mexican...going out to dinner for a friends birthday. Decided I'm going to get a taco salad with beans instead of meat, and not eat the shell or sour cream. I should be pretty alright with that...right?
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!

I'm making some ground chicken cooked down with some shredded zucchini and salsa. I'm going to put it in a tortillas shell and serve it with a salad.

Have a great dinner!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!

I'm making some ground chicken cooked down with some shredded zucchini and salsa. I'm going to put it in a tortillas shell and serve it with a salad.

Have a great dinner!

Address, please. :love:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I am having grilled salmon with brown rice and a side salad... ahem, it is to be followed by chocolate raspberry panna cotta.... it's my fiances 25th birthday today.... :bigsmile: and I did allow for it calorie wise
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm having rouladen, it's a german dish. It depends on the region and taste but the way my dad used to make is roundsteak (thin) with mustard on it then a slice of ham ( it calls for bacon but I prefere ham) and a boiled egg in the middle wrap and keep together with toothpicks. Fry with onions ( can be quite dark)and add water and a bay leave (great dish to make in the pressure cooker) season to taste with mustard, pepper and salt. We will have red cabbage and boiled potatoes with it.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    chicken in a mushroom white wine sauce, hash browns and a salad...
    :happy:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Wow! All you people who cook!! I can't imagine eating like that! Growing up in a house where Mac N Cheese is considered cooking... Sometimes we stir fry some ready to steam veggie bags with some fat free turkey dogs and call that cooking... and occasionally grill some chicken or corn, but that is it and I usually burn it. Dinner tonight will probably be some pretzels and cheese slices and maybe a can of veggies or a bowl of cereal. And that is only because I am out of pre-packaged meals!
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A new recipe "Basil Shrimp " grilled w/ Barilla multigrain pasta
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am going out to a steak house and have been preplanning what I will eat

Looks like I will have to cut my 7 oz filet in half not to go over in cals
    steamed veggies no butter
    salad no cheese or croutons
    Fat free tomatoe dressing
    potato-no topping
    1 glass of cabernet
    Lots of water

I am dining with 2 other couples so I hope they dont think Im too anal. :ohwell:

~Namaste
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Pizza :mad: or is it :happy: ?
    I have a meeting tonight, so not much choice there. I did have a good long workout today though, so I have plenty of calories!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had baked chicken cutlets, curry cous cous and broccoli
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Grilled London Broil marinated in one part light soy sauce to 2 parts worchestershire and garlic>
    Baked Red Potatoes with Better Butter (half olive oil, half butter)
    Green salad with marinated artichoke hearts
  • beep
    Options
    I'm having rouladen, it's a german dish. It depends on the region and taste but the way my dad used to make is roundsteak (thin) with mustard on it then a slice of ham ( it calls for bacon but I prefere ham) and a boiled egg in the middle wrap and keep together with toothpicks. Fry with onions ( can be quite dark)and add water and a bay leave (great dish to make in the pressure cooker) season to taste with mustard, pepper and salt. We will have red cabbage and boiled potatoes with it.

I LOVE rouladen, with red cabbage!
  • beep
    Options

Add some fresh hot cuban bread and I'm there!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Golden grahams...lol LOTS of golden grahams
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Chicken Satay with peanut sauce, and Pad Thai Mee.

It's a cornucopia of thai goodness.
  • shorerider
    Options

Add some fresh hot cuban bread and I'm there!

I wish I had some Cuban bread! Yum Yum Yum! Unfortunately, we live in a very rural area that has yet to discover most ethnic foods yet alone Cuban food! And, while I can cook--I can't bake!
  • beep
    Options
    I make my own cuban bread, really easy, just one raise. But I don't dare, I'd eat the whole thing.