New to MFP

Options
Hello All. I joined last week and have already lost 3 pounds. I'm trying to stay focused and be accountable! Does anyone have any good tips for loosing weight and excercise?

Replies

• hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options
    Great work! Are you tring to lose much?! You can try to check in here often and people here are very motivating and help keep you accountable. What programs are you doing for exercise? I have done Insanity and Turbo Fire and have a few others I am trying to do. I stay at home with my two boys and working out at the gym seems to not be an option. I have joined Beachbody and it has been an amazing support group for me to keep going, a lot of the women stay at home and have kids and have had similar interests as mine. But it helps to have people out there checking in with you and supporting you through your journey! Best of luck!!! I am always here for support too :)
  • kate_santana
    kate_santana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new this week too, but for the past couple of months I've been doing a boot camp program in my area and I love it. It's really early in the morning (5am) but its really worth it. It gets me going and the work outs kick my butt. I think doing the boot camp is really motivating because I'm not in a gym with a bunch of beefed up dudes or anything like that. The people are really supportive and the trainers are really inventive. Look and see if you can find something like that in your area.
  • brownof4
    Options
    Right now, I've just been walking. I have a treadmill at home but for some reason I do better walking outside. I tend to get tired of the same thing over and over again. My Aunt has raved about Zumba classes, but I have been unable to find any in my area. So I just broke down and bought the DVD's. Just waiting for them to come in the mail. Dancing seems like a fun way to exercise and loose weight, plus my girls can have fun with me. They are my inspiration. I exercise using the Wii fit at home also and that's fun. The thing is, I get up at 5:30am to go to work and I don't get home until 5:30pm. By the time I get home, eat dinner and help the kids with their homework, I'm pooped! Going to the gym isn't really an option for me but I figure I can work in some home exercise before I go to work or before I go to bed. I'm thinking the morning would help me get energized...
    Thank you for your motivational words.