New Routine

Options
Okay I have just completed a 10k and after freezing my gym membership for 2 months (I did all my training outside 5/6 times a week) I am going back to the gym and I now need to get ski fit, I will carry on with my cardio 4 times a week twice in the gym during the week and twice outside at the weekend. It will be a mix of interval training and improving my 10k time. So cardio I have sorted but I now need to do weights and abs.

I have a PT session so I am going to ask my PT to give me a programme for weights and abs but should I ask for anything specific.

Please please do not suggest kettleballs the one time I used them (under my PTs supervision) my back hurt (I have slipped discs in the past so I will not just work through back pain).

Thanks

Replies

• aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I would let your personal trainer know what your goals are and see what they recommend. I personally like to head over to bodybuilding.com/ bodyspace. You can actually set up a program that has your goals in mind. If you goal is to run a faster 10k, maybe check out a runners forum and see what they recommend.

I like the bodybuilding site though because it has a ton of programs. I am on a 12 week program right now, and when it is done I will switch over to another 12 week program. It helps to break up the monotony of going to the gym and it also helps to give your time in the gym structure. Which I really like.

Good luck.
  • aneary1980
    Options
    Thanks my cardio is fine as I said but I will check out the sites for weights.
  • aneary1980
    Options
    any other advice?