Fat middleaged woman seeking HELP

Options
Hey,

I am new to this site and thought I would say hello. I am trying "again" to lose some weight! I have tried all the fab diets and the low carbs, no carbs, and once again I am trying to lose weight again. My problem is that I get so bored with doing the same things over and over. This time I am doing the treadmill at least 30 minutes a day & cutting back my carbs, and eating smaller portions and really just watching what I am eating instead of dieting....because that word seems to run me away. Any success stories are welcomed....thanks!

Replies

• ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It stinks to be middle-aged in terms of our weight, doesn't it??!! What kind of logic is it that we are finally accepting of WHO we are but now the physical WHAT that we are is going to pot! The treadmill/elliptical is a great way to start. Good luck and feel free to friend me for support!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i would definitely say don't do a typical fad diet. make small changes and then it won't be such a shocker. i think most people long term is b/c they get the wait off in a habit they can't continue long term. gl
  • Kuhmann
    Options
    Good Luck and stick with it!:smile:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

This is a great place to get advice, support and ideas on our journey to good health!

You've got the right idea, can you change up your exercise a couple times a week that may help with not getting bored.

All the best

Karen
  • jeannieguckeen
    Options
    I am doing the same sort of thing. I am logging in all my foods and excersise on this site. My goal is to stay within the calorie amount the site has allotted me and to work out four times a week for 30 minutes.

I quit smoking three years ago and since then I have packed on over 50 pounds. I am uncomfortable all the time now so with the New Year comes new goals. I also became a grandparent for the first time three months ago and I want to have the energy to keep up with him as well as live by example for a healthy lifestyle.
  • katerp71
    Options
    Just starting out on myfitnesspal and really like it. It makes me accountable when I can see how many calories I'm eating. My goal is to lose 50 pounds. I am turning 40 this year, and would really like to feel my best. I could use the support of friends, if anyone is interested.
  • ValerieKovacs
    ValerieKovacs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation ....

tried so may "diets" ... time to make a lifestyle change THAT is all ... change the mindset

we can all help each other on here

look forward to keeping up with your journey :)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I was so stuck in my weight, and it kept going up. There was nothing I could do to get to to budge. I thought... It's been slow, but I've made some permanent changes, and this website gets all the credit for giving me the tools. The "friends" are awesome and positive in every way. The diary can be made viewable and when you look at other people's day you can see where things are good and not so good to make changes to yourself. I've really hit gold here! My hot flashes are 2/3 less, and even my PMS that was out of control is in check. I've dialed back 10 or 11 years in half a year!! All it takes is consistancy and being honest. Log in here every day and friend as many people as you can connect with. We will all cheer you on! Keep at it here and you will succeed!
  • raf46
    raf46 Posts: 9
    Options
    Amy - you are on an excellent site. Forget diets and just think about the dynamics of the day - eating vs exercise, input and output, More exercise - the more you need to eat. In no sense am I qualified to make suggestions but I'll make a couple. I try to phase eating into three blocks, if the day has six lots of food I'll try to eat 3 for breakfast, 2 for lunch, and 1 for dinner. That can be changed a bit if you go to the gym at night. Secondly fight hard to avoid sugar and obvious fatty things like butter and chese. Thirdly cut out alcohol for the first three months. Finally do record things as you go results take time small daily victories will, in time, win the battle.
    Good luck
    R
    PS I'm running a marathon in May and a triathlon in August - whatever happens I'm determined not to take too much fat on the journeys!!
    :flowerforyou: