Liquid/Soft Food Diet Food Suggestions

No, Im not going on a crazy fad diet :). I am getting a wisdom tooth cut out in a few days. I am looking for some healthy, nourishing, satisfying liquid or really soft food ideas to get me through the few days following. Any ideas other than protein shakes (which I will do), pudding, yogurt :)

Cheers.

Replies

• I suggest lots of fruit smoothies!! You can even freeze the fruit to make the smoothies super cold and refreshing!!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    When I had my wisdom teeth out I used it as an excuse to eat really delicious, buttery whipped/mashed potatoes :) slathered with gravy! It was higher in calories than my usual portion of potatoes but considering that's all I had for supper, it was okay!

I also did the protein shake & frozen fruit smoothie thing. Get the full fat, creamier yogurts to keep your cals up too. After a couple of days I ate scrambled eggs for breakfast too, which was fine.

I had the idea to puree steamed carrots and veggies, but that's a lot of effort and I ended up not even needing to.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Mashed vegetables. You can prepare a number of vegetables just as you would traditional mashed potatoes - turnips, parsnips, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, etc. Or a combination of them.

soups - pumpkin, carrot, butternust squash, lentil, split pea soup, tomato, etc. Actually most vegetable soups can be blended to a smooth consistency.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Chicken soup was my saving meal when I had my wisdom teeth out. Chop up the veggies and chicken really small and add a few noodles ( NO RICE). Beef stew was another go to. As before just make sure it is chopped small and cooked until very soft,
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    get a nutra bullet!