Sucess! .... and then......

Options
Hello all. I've been on and off MFP for a long time, but within the past 5 months I have really been putting in the effort and have lost 7 pounds (yes, in five months..... ups and downs!). I am 5'4 and about 140. I am seeking to lose about 10-15 more pounds.
At any rate, this post is not about the numbers on my scale. About three months ago, I registered to do my first 10K race. This particular race is known to be exceptionally challenging as it is very hilly and competitive! I ate right leading up to the race and trained well. I completed the race in 1 hour 34 seconds... right about what I was expecting. (Although my competitive nature was annoyed that I wasn't under the hour mark given how close I was.) HA!
Then the inevitable.... race was over. I relaxed on the running and the eating and gained back a few pounds.
I decided I am better off making goals for myself that are not centered around what the scale says. Therefore, I now have my eyes on a 1/2 marathon.... next year!
Naturally, I will go back to logging my food and exercise as I am definitely one of those people that underestimate what I eat. However, I have come to realize that fitness goals give an additional motivation that keeps me moving. I'm very excited to work toward my 1/2 marathon goal and welcome ANY feedback fellow runners out there may have.
No real question, just putting my thoughts and goals out there!