Human Penguin looks for pack

Options
Happy new year to everyone! and hopefully this will be a new year for me to!!

About Me- I ma a 23 soon to be 24 female that is tired of the jokes. My mom split when i was 9 and it was a down hill slid from there i got into depression.. lost interest in a lot of things started to eat more.. I am a fountain of infromation of deserts and always have a sweet tooth craving! Unforntually i have been made fun of my whole life for being overweight. I grew up in nebraska were a lot of the kids i went to school with were small delicate people so i stuck out. My family is more norwegian then anything so although i know i am going to be a bit big... it's gotten a little out of hand.

Recently i moved to Georgia to be with my soon to be hubby and it hit me just how bad i was. I went cloths shopping down there and almost couldnt find a thing to wear! I am tired of not being able to shop like normal people.. i am tired of the family cracking jokes about me. In a lil over a year i'll be walking down the aisle and i want to be proud of the way i look and not hide.

So i am hoping that with this i can meet people talk to them and get a move on. I wanna show the world a penguin is cute no matter what. :)

Replies

• dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Go you! That's rotten of your family to pick on you....the silver lining is it gives you that much more motivation. Feel free to friend me and bon voyage!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    Kudos to you for making such an important decision! There are lots and LOTS of people on here to support you, including me! I lived in Lincoln, Nebraska for 3 years, so I know exactly what you mean. I just joined this site on December 20th and am hoping to lose 49 lbs. You can do it!!
  • Killedforlove
    Options
    Yea for some reason Nebraska is that odd state that if you look like you eat at all they shun you! I was tired of being that kid that never got asked to dances or things cuz of how i look. So i am going to show them and so thankfull i have people to support me. :)