*PICS* A heart attack waiting to happen at 24 y/o. Now...

Options
I wasn't going to post this and make a big deal about it, but I just wanted to thank everyone close to me for all of their support over the last 6 months. For those of you who don't know, I was not well early in the year. I had extremely high blood pressure and was basically told after medical tests that I was a heart attack and/or stroke waiting to happen at 24 years old. Being the stubborn Italian-American that I am, I refused medication. So my doctor gave me an ultimatum; either I lose 30 pounds in 3 months or I had to take the medicine. I went on to lose 50 pounds in those 3 months, and now 6 months later I am down 75. I feel so much better, stronger, and alive. I went back for tests last month and was told it was incredible how quickly and strongly my body had healed itself. My blood pressure levels and blood sugar both came back perfect, as well as all of my other tests that were done. I could not have done it without the support of my family and friends. You literally helped me fight to save my own life, and my success is shared with all of you. To any of my friends still in the beginning of a weight loss journey; it's never too late. A healthy lifestyle choice is always the best option. There is no magic pill, drink, secret or shortcuts. When I started to diet and exercise I found a balance between mind and body, and I am sure you will too. If there is anything I can do to help you, whether it be advice or if you need encouragement, I am here to help. Support is the foundation of success.

20 More Pounds!!

r2vqip.jpg
2d8f52t.jpg
2wbt3ev.jpg
2gtxi4i.jpg

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    And you look phenomenal! :heart: :love: :love: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • tifftwoten
    tifftwoten Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Glad you posted this.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Great work so far. Keep it up.
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your transformation is a phenomenal success story! I strongly urge you to share that with others, especially your friends and family. Your story could very well inspire and motivate another to lead a healthy lifestyle. Remember to tell them that it's never too late to become healthy! Again, Awesome job!
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Fixed the picture issue so I think they are displaying okay now. Sorry about that!
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!! I've been in a rut the past few weeks. My loss has pretty much stalled. A touch of inspiration from someone else is so helpful at this time!! You should be proud of your hard work!!!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats on your success and you are such an inspiration. Happy we are friends :)
  • melissa968
    melissa968 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations! You look great and, even better, you probably feel better :)
  • JoshTheGiant
    Options
    And you look phenomenal! :heart: :love: :love: :blushing: :flowerforyou:

haha Thank you so much!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    hey hottie... looking good! Mi Amore your dedication.
  • findingmarina
    Options
    I love reading stories like yours, thank you for taking the time to share it with us. God bless. :happy:
  • BlondeButtercup127
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing success with us! You looking incredible!!
    Such inspiration!!
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your wonderful transformation!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I love reading stories like this! Congrats on the weight loss and better health, you look great! :)
  • sweetbamaTLC
    sweetbamaTLC Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Incredibly inspiring! Congratulations on your new and healthy life!!!!

You look great...well done!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    So instead of having a heart attack yourself, you are going to give one to everyone else?

You look great, and good job =)
  • MariadfdCruz
    MariadfdCruz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's the attitude!!! I am so happy to read this post, my friend!
  • JoshTheGiant
    Options
    So instead of having a heart attack yourself, you are going to give one to everyone else?

You look great, and good job =)

hehe thank you for the compliment! :blushing:
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :D Awessoomme!!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Pure Awesomeness!!

Congratulations
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!