Reaching out for OA Sponsor or Support

Options
September 28, 2014 8:18 PM

I have started and stopped weight loss lifestyle changes so many times in the past and don’t seem to be able to succeed. I guess that is wrong I have succeeded with mfp and with ww, but then something happens in my life and I go back to a defensive roll and allow the weight back on due to not just emotional eating, but it seems to be the only sure pleasure I will allow. I’m considering signing up with Overeaters Anonymous, realizing step one I am powerless over food and my life is unmanageable - I’m not religious, but I do believe in a higher power the universe. I love that mfp is free and extremely easy to use.
Last year, right before turning 50, I was in a good place. I had been using mfp and ww, working with a trainer with a boot camp and new I’d finally got it. My mom had started dating and I thought what the he??, I should be doing this too. I was confident, wasn’t really looking for someone; I thought was in the perfect mind set to find someone. I reached out to a dating site and within a small amount of time started talking to someone who it didn’t really matter if it amounted to anything or not. Everything, escalated fast. I had no idea how good these (organized crime unit) scammers were. Within a six to eight week time period I fell for every bit of it and was scammed for, lets just say he double my debt. First I also want to say I am not a stupid person, and I wouldn’t have done some of these things for family members. These scammers have studied us, in such ways, that once they get their teeth into you…. The emotional rollercoaster was unbelievable. I Psychologist made me write down every one of the lies to compare it to the love I was in to this person that didn’t exist. I had 3 pages, single spaced, of lies, but I knew that I knew that I knew. The Psychologist explained I was going to have to break my heart to make it end. It is hard to believe that this person I knew was so right, that I was going to spend the rest of my life with, that omg unbelievable feeling – was with someone that was probably a group of people that studied my every word and move to see how much money they could get from me. I almost sold my car…… When it was over, I remember telling a friend thank god I’m at a good weight right now, this would have been so much harder otherwise. I think I knew then I was headed again to what is familiar, something that never hurts me, food. Sorry so long just wanted to get this out there!
I thought this might be a way to reach out for some assistance. I know that they have phone in OA meetings and online meetings so a sponsor in another city, state, even time zone, or Country is no longer an issue. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Replies