Anyone out there starting Kayla Itsines BBG?

Options
124»

Replies

• alymcd1
    alymcd1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just read this post...hoping someone still sees it!
    Just started BBG and i love it.
    Does anyone know avg. calories burned doing a workout? I dont have a calorie counter.....are those things even accurate?!
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    alymcd1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I just read this post...hoping someone still sees it!
    Just started BBG and i love it.
    Does anyone know avg. calories burned doing a workout? I dont have a calorie counter.....are those things even accurate?!

I have a polar heart rate monitor, its pretty accurate. Cals burned depends on your height, weight, etc. I'm 122lbs and 5'2" and my burn ranges from 170 to 250 a workout
  • beelena
    beelena Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Is anyone starting BBG any time soon? I just got my copies and am looking for some motivation from you all!
  • tinaolsson
    tinaolsson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    beelena wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Is anyone starting BBG any time soon? I just got my copies and am looking for some motivation from you all!

I did my first workout today and it was haaaard (and this was just the pre-training) :D Seems good though!
  • kayleek14
    kayleek14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I started bbg 1.0 yesterday! I'm sore today but feeling good :)
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    Good luck to everyone starting !!!:) I am on Week 9 of 1.0, also did the pretraining! Here for motivation :)
  • tinaolsson
    Options
    Also really sore today, at least it's good pain! :sweat_smile:

So where are you all from? :)
  • Elizasdaughterbbg
    Elizasdaughterbbg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did BBG for 8 weeks but then found out I was pregnant
  • piccola1406
    piccola1406 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey you all! I'm starting BBG today :) Although I do pilates 2-3 times per week, I'll start with the pre-training just to be safe and be able to finish the whole 4 + 12 weeks.
    Although I do have a question: what kind of "warm up" are you supposed to do and for how long?

Add me if you want, a work out buddy would be great and would definitely help me achieve to a more lean and toned body :)
  • brilefe1
    brilefe1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday! I don't think I have the version with the Pre-Workout (I've had her guide for a while but kept putting it off). So I'm just going to be starting at Week One!

Anyone else wanting to start with me?
  • brilefe1
    brilefe1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey you all! I'm starting BBG today :) Although I do pilates 2-3 times per week, I'll start with the pre-training just to be safe and be able to finish the whole 4 + 12 weeks.
    Although I do have a question: what kind of "warm up" are you supposed to do and for how long?

Add me if you want, a work out buddy would be great and would definitely help me achieve to a more lean and toned body :)

Are the pre-training workouts similar to the 12 weeks? Or is it more cardio to build endurance?
  • abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    brilefe1 wrote: »

Are the pre-training workouts similar to the 12 weeks? Or is it more cardio to build endurance?

They are very similar to the 12 weeks to kind of get you ready for what to expect in the book. I didn't do them but I have heard they are basically as hard as the real thing
  • tinaolsson
    Options
    They're hard! I'm on the third week now of pre-training (but I was not that used to working out before).
  • christelsd
    christelsd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm starting BBG 1.0 tomorrow. Really excited!!
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    Options
    I am the same as Jessica, I tend to burn 175-250 cals a session
  • poojie4
    poojie4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So I guess I've been living under a rock because I just recently found out about the BBG. After extensive researching, I took the plunge and bought it yesterday! So excited to start it come Monday! A few things I'm still worried about though: I know a few people mentioned they lost weight. I really want to lose weight AND get toned, will BBG not really help with weight loss? I want to lose 30 pounds or so but not just be skinny so I though BBG would be a good idea since it combines cardio and toning. Would love to hear ya'lls thoughts on this! I'm so ready to do this!!
  • jessicatombari
    Options
    poojie4 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! So I guess I've been living under a rock because I just recently found out about the BBG. After extensive researching, I took the plunge and bought it yesterday! So excited to start it come Monday! A few things I'm still worried about though: I know a few people mentioned they lost weight. I really want to lose weight AND get toned, will BBG not really help with weight loss? I want to lose 30 pounds or so but not just be skinny so I though BBG would be a good idea since it combines cardio and toning. Would love to hear ya'lls thoughts on this! I'm so ready to do this!!

It won't be the driving force in your weight loss but it will certainly help. If you stick to a calorie deficit you will lose weight. Adding in exercise might speed up the process a bit and/or make you feel more confident. You will become toned but don't be surprised if it takes a while or if you need to do the BBG twice over to get the "look" that most BBG girls portray. Doing the circuits will make you feel a lot stronger before you notice any physical differences in terms of muscular anatomy.
  • lolly_t
    lolly_t Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the program - on week 7 now but didn't really make the commitment until about week 3. Haven't lost weight yet, but am DEFINITELY stronger. Add me if you girls want! I always like the extra motivation and support.