sweet tooth

Options
I just started this website and I think it is great and I have already lost 2 pounds, but I still find it really hard to satisfy my sweet tooth. I am such a sucker for sweets, and I am eating the right amount of calories and everything is good, but it still is not good if those calories are being filled with sweets and sugars. I don't know what to do? Any help?

Replies

• Kjreef2007
    Options
    I just started this website and I think it is great and I have already lost 2 pounds, but I still find it really hard to satisfy my sweet tooth. I am such a sucker for sweets, and I am eating the right amount of calories and everything is good, but it still is not good if those calories are being filled with sweets and sugars. I don't know what to do? Any help?
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Check out some of the recipies in that topic area. Also, try apples with some peanut butter - helps me a lot. Or baked apples with cinnamon. Also, I always have a dark chocolate candy bar in the freezer. When all else fails I have just a section or two and let it melt in my mouth. Or I have a cup of sugar free hot chocolate and that is really satisfying.

The cravings for sweets pass for many people after the first couple of weeks of eating reduced carb diets.
  • nuttey
    nuttey Posts: 10
    Options
    well i have a sweet tooth too, specially after lunch. nowadays I have the dannon flavored yogurt (the 60 calorie one that comes in many flavors). today in Dominicks (or Safeway) i also found 60 cal chocolate fudge (next to the yogurt in the jello/pudding section) - you could check it out too.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    When I get a sweet craving, I'll have 1/2 of a Skinny Cow. Takes the edge off.

Peanut butter helps too. I'll have that on celery or an apple. but I have started measuring the peanut butter, and I've been surprised at how much is in just 1 tablespoon. Turns out I was being so careful with trying to not use too much peanut butter, that I was using way less than I was putting down for.

Good luck & keep up the great work.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    I get my "chocolate fix" with 1 Dove miniature after lunch. The dark chocolate ones are 37 cals each. I take tiny bites and let it melt in my mouth to make the chocolate taste last longer (chewing it just makes it disappear too fast!)
  • helton1515
    Options
    i love sweets and i could eat them everyday, all day if i could. when i crave something sweet, i usually chew on orbitz gum. it takes my cravings away.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I ususally have some of the sugar free hot chocolate (very low calories). It lasts a while, it tastes chocolatey, and its low calories.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers chocolates work for me.

I've tried the fat free Swiss Miss and it wasn't very good so I'll try the sugar free this time.
  • sturge161
    sturge161 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Gum helps a lot or else I eat something sweet and workout harder. I have a hard time passing up candy!:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the fat free Hot Chocolate is brutal. The sugar free is better,
    only a few calories and so much tastier then the fat free.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I agree Mr. Banks :smile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I can't help you with your sweet tooth but I did add a few cookie recipes with you and others in mind.

Eve
  • tdroseler
    Options
    This is going to sound totally off the wall but have you tried air fresheners?

And no, you don't drink them, lol.

I have found that when i get a reall craving for a cinnamon bun, which is my swwet of choice...i burn a scented candle of apple and cinnamon. They have all sorts of scents for candles...

I find just being in the room where i smell it makes me feel the warmth and serenity that i associate with eating a nice warm, sticky, gooey...ohhh dear....where's my candle....lol...just kidding.

Seriously, it will likely go one of 3 ways...you will either kill for the thing you want, the scent will calm you...or nothing.

Either way what have you got to loose.
    I hope you are not allergic to scented things
  • curvygirlsrock
    Options
    i keep good quality dark chocolate in the cupboard for sweet tooth emergencys. get the ones that are 70% or more cocoa, which are supposed to be the healthiest (tasty too if you like dark choccy). and they say that 1-2 squares of that sort of chocolate a day is actually really good for your heart - just in case you needed another reason to eat it!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I usually crave sweets after I've already eaten a meal...I guess kind of like a dessert. I get the hard sugar free candies and have a couple of those. You can have about 5 for 45-50 calories. I also chew Extra gum which has 5 calories a stick. The gum helps me curb the afternoon cravings I get. On the Biggest Loser Jillian suggested popping one in your mouth while you are cooking so you won't be as tempted to taste-test everything! Good idea!