Halfway to my goal, could use ideas to stay motivated

Options
I work full time and have two young kids, so I'm trying to find ways to stay motivated with simple exercies I can do without needing someone to watch the kids. I have lost 22 pounds and my goal is to lose at least 50 - it runs in my family to be pretty overweight so I need lots of ideas to make sure I stick with it! The hard thing for me is I get bored with things easily, so if I am not finding new easy foods to eat or new exercises to try, I know I'll get bored and not stick with this.

Replies

• avril2626
    avril2626 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Congratulations on being halfway to your goal! You may want to post under each separate category in the message boards for "food and nutrition" and "fitness and exercise" for help with each. Also, use search to look at other posts that have addressed your issues.
    Your biggest motivation can be your success thus far, which is great. Next spring and summer are both coming. You can do this and be at a healthier place then, or not...
    Have you read a lot of the first, permanent posts under "getting started"? Lots of good info there too. Best of luck to you. If you want to lose weight and get healthier, you can. It's just math ;)
  • Tamois
    Tamois Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi. I work full time too and have two kids and know just how hard it is to fit exercise in. Are your kids of an age that you can take them to the park and kick a ball about while you jog round the outside? Or even let them play on the swings while you do that? if they're still baby age can you stick them in a double stroller and go for a long brisk walk? What about taking them swimming? You'll be surprise by putting them in armbands and an inflatable ring and jumping about with them how many calories you can burn up. Perhaps you could drop them at a cafe, treat a family member while they look after them and then go to the gym?
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • 2thesexydress
    2thesexydress Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Add lots of MFP chatterboxes who keep you motivated, i have maybe 30 chatterboxes and we keep each other going, which is a good motivator. Read the posts daily on this site also is, but go over to the "Success Stories" and if one or two really motivate you, email them and ask if you can follow them as friends, i have made a few very nice friends that way.

Keep doing the daily log in, and adding your calories, if the calories don't look right on the search panel, add your own, just the packaging or google it to find the correct amount, no use losing a few hundred calories with bad calculations.