Cancer Survivor getting Healthy

Options
Hi!
I just finished a year of hell battling breast cancer. I have decided that I need to change my eating habits...... I am 8 days in and I can already feel a huge difference! My mood is better and my joints are feeling better also.:flowerforyou:

This new journey I am on to improving my over all health is not just for myself but for my family as well. I am hoping to set an example for them. I am taking it day by day.

I hope to meet others who have great advice and success stories!

Replies

• FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi! My mom is actually a breast cancer survivor as well. Congratulations making it through all of that! I don't have a success story yet but I wanted to wish you the best on the next steps of your journey to better your health, feel free to friend me if you like.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Welcome! And congrats and a successful battle. I am a thyroid cancer survivor (2005). Thankfully it was caught early and completely treated with surgery, no chemo or radiation required. Feel free to add me :)
  • sjtempest
    sjtempest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All - I am 4 years out from Breast Cancer and can honestly say, it has kicked my butt! 4 years and 60 pounds later I am still struggling. The medication has so many side effects and I have really let it take over. I have now decided that I can no longer live like this and am hoping for a great support group to keep me motivated and eating healthy.
  • LanceDuvall
    LanceDuvall Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Breast Canacer survivor.....seven years clean.....god bless you all....
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am also a cancer survivor. I had a very rare melanoma on the white of my right eye. Thankfully, with surgery(the cancer and diseased white was removed and replaced with donated amniotic membrane) and a lot of prayers, 5 1/2 years later, I am cancer free and healthy. Feel free to add me.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    First off, much respect to the survivors! All of you!! Cancer runs in both sides of my family, so I have lost several loved ones to different types of cancer. I have a maternal aunt who has been in remission from breast cancer for 8 years now. On another note, there is an amazing young (late 30s) couple who goes to the same gym I attend; the female half of the couple has been through chemo and a mastectomy and is currently going through radiation. She was out for a bit while going through the chemo and surgery...but SHE IS BACK. That woman is my hero!!!!

Secondly, I started off at 220 lbs. I am now 142 and at maintenance. I cannot tell you how many times I wanted to quit. Every day I am thankful I didn't. I am an exercise enthusiast (I HATED it at first) and enjoy living a healthy lifestyle. If you ever need any food/exercise tips feel free to add me or send me a message :)

Best of luck to you!! :flowerforyou: