What is going on here? Frustrated...

Options
2»

Replies

• pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am intaking 1400 calories a day. I try to stay up with my water intake but it's tough. I joined a while back but just recently got back into it. I have not been trying for four years but just the 18 days. If 1 pound a week is okay then maybe it's not as bad as I thought. I really struggle with carbs and sugar though, my body seems to be addicted and sometimes I stumble. Thanks all for the encouragement!! I was just wondering if I should be losing more or do I need to go to a doctor to get medical advice if it wasn't a normal rate, that's all.

Also, I'm 27 and 248 pounds, I used to be 250. I'm five foot eight.

What worked for me was this, as recommended by my GI doctor:

For 5 days I ate as much as I wanted of lean meats, fish, eggs, and low-starch vegetables (no corn, no potatoes). I also included 2 3/4 cup servings of greek yogurt, sweetened with stevia, and 2 servings of either strawberries, grapes or apples. No bread, no rice, no pasta. Whenever I felt crazy-crazy at the thought of limiting those yummy things, I told myself that I needed to grow up and stop giving in to every urge, and that these limitations were only for a few days.

He told me that for some people, too much sugar for too long creates a sort of dependency. Your body processes it quickly and easily, making you hungry for more. So, you feed it more.

During those 5 days, I was never hungry, as I ate whenever I was, usually some chicken or some veggies. By day three, the extreme urges to eat the kitchen sink were almost gone. By day 5, I felt really great and actually did not miss the bad stuff.

Now, I am able to eat any carb/sugar I want, just within my calorie limits. I actually prefer lean protein and veggies for my main meals and am in control enough to enjoy a brownie, cookie, etc every now and then AND still lose weight.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think your doing fine but if you want more insight you will probably need to open your diary
  • catsrull
    Options
    it gose by wat u have it on if u have it on 1lb per week u willl loose1lb per week if u have it set for 2lb per week u will loose 2 per week subsribe to my youtube cats rull i plan on doin a vid on this soon
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I joined a while back but just recently got back into it. I have not been trying for four years but just the 18 days. If 1 pound a week is okay then maybe it's not as bad as I thought.

Then it looks like you're doing well! A pound a week is a good, healthy loss.

My answer would have been different if you had joined 4 years ago and had been trying hard all that time, but since you've just started again to work on it, you should be fine.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    but it would help commenters if you could explain the nearly 4-year gap between joining and deciding to do something.

In what possible way would that help?

If someone joined 4 years ago and has been trying hard to lose weight the whole time, without any success, that suggests a major misunderstanding that needs to be cleared up. If someone joined 4 years ago but was basically not trying until now, it suggests that they have finally found their motivation and should be congratulated on it.

OP, congratulations!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You lost a pound a week. There's no problem with that. Only thing I'd suggest is to modify your expectations...