Cosplay success - not afraid to show my tummy! (pics)

Options
LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
So hopefully there are some fellow nerds out there who will appreciate this :)

For years I have wanted to dress up as Midna in her human form from LoZ: Twilight Princess, as she is one of my favorite video game characters ever. Here is what the character looks like for those who aren't familiar:
d8Zbbp5l.png

As you can see, it's a rather revealing costume. I'll spare you all my long weight loss/gain story, but suffice it to say that I used to be horribly unhealthy (though only slightly overweight), then joined MFP and lost weight, then gained some back, and am now in the process of losing it again.

I still have about 10 pounds until I'm at my goal weight, but I've really come to not only accept, but love my body. Even though it's not a "perfect" body, I'm happy with it. And I decided that I was happy enough with it to dress up as Midna for New York Comic Con this year. I lost about 10 pounds over the summer and I'm at a healthy weight now, so I decided I earned this!

I've never made a costume before and I'm not artistic, so this took a LOT of hard work (not to mention a lot of money because I had to buy more materials than I needed in case I messed up!) I'm really proud of the costume even though it's not perfect, and I'm proud of myself for having the confidence to wear it. I don't think I look half bad :) Thank you MFP for all the constant support!

Photos are by my wonderful friend Barny at BN Photography, his FB page is here: https://www.facebook.com/BarnyPhotography

hFRrBHhl.jpg
1djVspQl.jpg
pu7a2zHl.jpg
ltBwiI8l.jpg
lX5JqJzl.jpg

And a couple less formal photos of the actual costume (skirt and cape that I slaved over):

TVZuqAIl.jpg
C8qlV7kl.jpg

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Fit, strong, and so perfectly done that you should be playing her in a film. WOW!
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Great story. You look great. Enjoy
  • TiffCK728
    TiffCK728 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OMG just posted a long reply and pressed some button that deleted it all! So here's the short version. Love LoZ, never played TLP though. Amazing job, was very surprised to read it was your first time. You look so great. I hope I can do half that well when I finally make a Cosplay outfit, plan to one day and wear it to ComicCon, it's on my bucket list. I can't tell you enough how great you look, and how well you did, so just believe it woman! And love love love the special effects.
  • theonepercentile
    Options
    thick solid tight
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You look great !! :smile:
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You look great lady!
  • SaintTawny
    SaintTawny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Also, best LoZ companion ever <3

You look incredible in that costume!
  • harktosh
    harktosh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Midna!! You look great!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Don't know much about the character- but I do know
    1.) taking on an unknown costume is hard- very trial and error- and can be difficult- that's a big thing in and of itself!!! KUDO"S TO YOU!!! It looks great!!!

2.) YOU look fantastic- you're hard work has really paid off.

3.) Your MIND is totally working in the right direction on learning to love YOU for who you are.

So - # 3 obviously being the biggest win- all of those are super awesome accomplishments and you should absolutely be proud of yourself- and definitely big bonus for photo shoot fun!!!

i adore photo shoots- so much win about them!!!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I am not into cosplay at all. Not even a little. But I have to admit, you look incredible! Way to rock it.
  • wellz6
    Options
    Wow, you look incredible.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Know nothing about that character or game, but... #DATZHAWT

Many congratz!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    how fun! you rocked the **** out of it!!
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    You look amazeballs! You are going to be a HUGE hit at ComicCon!

C.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Kudos on your weight loss and the accuracy of your costume.
    All the hard work should pay off at the ComicCons.
    I predict BIG WINS!
    Your friend Barney merits a 'high 5', too, for the excellent pictures and visual effects.

Best Wishes!
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    So cool! You look incredible :)
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look utterly fabulous!! Great work on your weight loss and your amazing costume! :flowerforyou:
  • onefootfoward
    onefootfoward Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    amazing job! cosplay is a labor of love I'm hoping to be my goal weight by next year to do one of my concept charters and my favorite video game character for dcon 2015.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    h0mGJjR.gif
  • StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. This is amazing. You look great. The costume looks great. Congratulations on your success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!