Best exercise for losing inches?

Options
So the pounds are coming off just fine, but before I get all excited and go clothes shopping, I wanna tighten up the body! anyhow,

Can you guys name some of your favorite exercises that you have had success with inches lost? I mean obviously if I keep losing fat, inches will come off too, but to really tighten and tone my body, what are some killer exercises?

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges are excellent for toning butt/thighs and ab work such as plank, bicycles, crunches, clam crunches work great for trimming those areas of the abdominals that are hard to get looking good and tight
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    There is a workout with a balance ball. You put your feet up on it-do a push up, When you get back up to plank you pull your knees into your chest keeping your feet on the ball then roll it back out and repeat-this gets all the muscles in your body.

Just doing strength training is going to help you, but you need to get to muscle fatigue when you do it. Strength training builds muscle and keeps you burning calories when sitting around.
  • Candice73
    Candice73 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I find kettlebells work for me, great core workout!
  • SillySarah
    Options
    So the pounds are coming off just fine, but before I get all excited and go clothes shopping, I wanna tighten up the body! anyhow,

Can you guys name some of your favorite exercises that you have had success with inches lost? I mean obviously if I keep losing fat, inches will come off too, but to really tighten and tone my body, what are some killer exercises?

Check out this:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

I have been doing some of the workouts on that site for about a month now and I've seen great results all over. Plus I feel a lot stronger!
  • SafariLara
    Options

Check out this:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

I have been doing some of the workouts on that site for about a month now and I've seen great results all over. Plus I feel a lot stronger!

Dude I love that girl! I've done one or two of her workouts and they are killer! Maybe thats what I ought to be doing :) Not to mention she is so RIPPED who wouldnt want to look like that right?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The Insanity workout.