New to this hope it works!

amiijen
amiijen Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
ive tried lots of diets but none of them seem to stick and loose interest. im getting married in apeil 2011 and need to get serious about shifting some weight, any advise would be great thank guys, amii xx :smile: xx

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    You decide if things work. Diet is anything you put in your mouth. One of the best ways to make sure you are eating right is logging your calories. So you are one step closer to this by being on here. Then next is making sure to get your workouts in. It is all on you and we are all here to help!! If I can do it so can you. You are here stay active-in life and on the site and you will be a healthier you before you know it!!
  • _Sarah_
    _Sarah_ Posts: 63
    Welcome to the group!
  • I can't tell you that it is a magic bullet, but i will say that the very first thing you have to do is take stock of where you are. If you know what you are doing, you can make intelligent changes.

I started tracking my food intake a week ago. I was a little surprised by the calorie counts of things I didn't think about. It caused me to immediately shift my habits. Portion control is probably the biggest thing to overcome.

Finally, it is really easy to cheat. But you only cheat yourself. Even if I go over on the calories, I honestly record what I am doing. Nobody is looking over my shoulder... and in the end, I am only losing weight because I want to do it.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    this site DOES work! here's the secret: TRACK EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. I wish I would have found this site before my wedding...you're lucky

Best of luck on your journey, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    This site is Wonderful! I've been doing "my thing" since December 2009 (logged onto MFP in Jan 2010) and while I've only "lost" 22lbs, I've gained SO much more :smile: I've gained muscle and toned & firmed in places I NEVER thought possible at my age, and it's all thanx to MFP & ALL the Wonderful peeps I've met on MFP :flowerforyou:
    I'm also getting married in March this year - we've been together for almost 9 years & our wedding has been put off since 2008 due to numerous other things, one of which was my weight & loss of self-confidence. While we're just going to the court house, I still want to look good in a pretty dress and pictures (since my Mum & his Grandpa will be there as our witnesses & will still want pics :wink: ) and I want to look good for as long as I can for My Man: I don't want to EVER let myself go again.

Peek at my profile & blog & you're welcome to add me as a friend for support, motivation & ideas. I LOVE working out now and really mix up my workouts & look forward to buying myself "treats" which are new workout DVD's, equipment & clothes - I know it sounds strange, but this is 4-Life for me.

Welcome & Good Luck on Your Journey - it's a long, hard road we travel, but there are so many others traveling with you that we can make this fun :flowerforyou:
  • this site is the best thing to lose weight i have ever found. i can eat what i want as long as i track my food and make sure i dont go over my calories. THAT and the wonderfully supportive people here is whats keeping me on track (even though i slipped during the holidays, this is the first diet/exercise plan i've ever gone BACK to after a slip and THAT is saying something). welcome and good luck in your weight loss journey and congrats on getting married in April! feel free to add me as a friend i'm always here for a friendly hello or maybe even a friendly kick in the pants, whatever you might need to succeed :)
This discussion has been closed.