New Member!

Options
Hi, my name is Melanie. I live in Louisiana. I am 43, married, with one daughter. I have tried a ton of diets and joined gyms but I never could lose enough weight or even able to keep it off. I was already pre-diabetic, high cholesterol, joint pain, acid reflux and not sleeping very well. Even though I didn't feel that (big) and most people didn't think I was too (big), I was now considered severely obese and on several types of medicine. In Dec. 2010 I had finally broke down and had weigh-loss surgery . I started out at 208lbs. and I am now at 150lbs. I was down to 145lbs, but I keep going back up to 150lbs and then back down to 145. I am 5 ft. 2 1/2 and I would like to get my weight down to at least 125-120 lbs. and keep it that way. I saw this website app and decided to give it a try. I am hoping that I can find support, information and ideas that will help me to get my bmi down to normal, get healthy and to stay that way!

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I would love to help with what I can. I am here on my journey too, but at the same time I am about to finish school to be a personal trainer. If you have any questions or would like ideas let me know.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    this site is AMAZING. i thought the bmi suggestions were never attainable but I am about 2 lbs away from being "normal" just track everything you eat and you'll realize your habits and once you can change those habits for the better you will lose weight! best of luck!