I want to gain fat ..

Options
I am well just not what you see mostly on MFP, but this is the right forum for me.

I ended my journey several months ago. It was a success .. and in fact too successful. I got to a bad 7% body fat. I looked like hell and I was embarrassed for people to see me.

Needless to say .. I was freaking skinny at that rate, and have gained about 10 lbs since then.

However .. physically I am better now but one thing remains. I HATE MY FACE. I just need MORE fat there.

I am here to find out . .how to gain fat in my face. I know .. I need to gain weight and that may be the next thing
but my weight tends to go to my abs. I don't want that .. as I spent months getting rid of all that abdominal fat.

I do not need to gain much fat in my face .. just a bit to make me not look so gaunt.

I have been maintaining .. my weight,. fat and muscle mass % etc have all been very stable. So .. I am totally maintaining.
Just want to find out .. if there is a solution to my issue.

So .. I am looking for tips .. ?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where the fat goes so there's no way to make your body gain weight only on your face.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    you will have to gain weight...and then your face will get "fuller"

but before that happens, you will most likely get it around your waist (lower abs, love handles, lower back)
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Thanks .. I knew about the gaining thing, but thought someone would pull out the magic rabbit. Guess not.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    No magic rabbit!! :p perhaps training while eating more?? I am struggling atm not sure what is going on with me!! Doctor has taken blood so maybe get to the bottom of why I am waking up in a hot sweat most nights and fighting the drop!! I look run down and crap atm I want rock hard abs not visible ribs!! I am currently trying to cut down my caffeine addiction just in case that might be making me poorly.. I still train funny thing about excersize it makes you feel good even when your run down!! ;)
  • BumbyDog
    BumbyDog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If your profile photo is accurate, then I don't think you look too thin in the face at all.
  • Strongandscrappy
    Strongandscrappy Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    As we get older we lose fat in our faces. I've started to notice it myself (I'm 37). That's why people go to plastic surgeons and get injections in their face. It does suck that we can't put on fat (or take it off) where we want. I guess you have to decide which is more important, your abs or a fuller face?
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Gain weight so you have some fat to harvest. Go to the plastic surgeon. He will harvest the fat through liposuction, clean it, then inject it into your face.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    To gain fat, eat pasta, cheese, and ice cream!
  • Kevalicious99
    Options
    If your profile photo is accurate, then I don't think you look too thin in the face at all.

.... my profile photo is from the 80's.
  • Kevalicious99
    Options
    Ok .. one thing is clear. I will not do surgery to fix this issue. Period.

It is not caused by old age (I was perfectly aged for my age before my journey. If that makes any sense) .. it is 100% caused by a journey gone way wrong. Getting to 7% body fat .. and being very skinny will do that to a person.

So .. right now it is like this. I have already gained about 10 lbs from my lowest weight and only gained 1" on my abs. So I figure that I can gain another 10 lbs (Or whatever it takes) .. and should not gain more than an inch. In fact it will probably be less than that as my first 10 lbs was a combination of ice cream and chocolate binges. (it is not really a binge if you are doing it on purpose btw) and done recklessly. The next 10 should I choose that should be much slower and controlled.

Thanks for the comments ..
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 15% bodyfat, any lower than that and I'd look I'll.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    were it possible I'd willingly be your fat donor, i give blood, happily give fat, do you think if I go to a cosmetic surgeon he'll take my scrap fat for resale? that would be most excellent.

Hurrah on challenging your demons but the gaunt face (and indeed saggy boobage) is what may well be in store for many of us....I think that's wwhy I haven't lost much...that and the butter.

Wouldn't it be GREAT if we could mould our fat stores, mind you if I squeezed mine up from my ankles, up to the belly, keep pushing...arms too wrist to shoulder, around.....then I would just have the gigantic chest to worry about. :happy:
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I'd really recommend you think about a bulk/cut (or bulk/recomp) cycle. I'm finishing up my cut and am still 5.5 pounds heavier than when I started, but I'm basically the same size as when I started (slightly smaller on my waist, yay!) and my face has regained some of the fullness it originally lost (also yay!). I'd like to do at least one more cycle and am hoping that by cheeks will round out a little more.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You can't choose to gain fat in your face but you can get fat injections there. A friend of mine had it done at the same time as her tummy tuck and was really pleased with it.

She was a bit worried and didn't go the whole hog the doc suggested, just went for a wee bit and it kind of works itself away so she wished she'd had more, if you know what I mean. I think they used her own fat though so you might be struggling with that.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    water weight will do the trick. Eat moderate to high carbs and over maintenance daily. Get some more LBM. Your face will retain water.

My face is much fatter looking now than 5 years ago, despite being 6%-8% bodyfat compared to 12% then. I HATE it though.

Weight gain in general will change the look of your face, even if body fat % stays the exact same.
  • Kevalicious99
    Options
    water weight will do the trick. Eat moderate to high carbs and over maintenance daily. Get some more LBM. Your face will retain water.

My face is much fatter looking now than 5 years ago, despite being 6%-8% bodyfat compared to 12% then. I HATE it though.

Weight gain in general will change the look of your face, even if body fat % stays the exact same.

Thanks .. my body is a major improvement over a year ago, but I did lose too much fat in the last year. A journey gone terribly wrong.

So .. I will just do a very gradual increase in the weight category and stop when I think it is better.

I have 2 spots on each side that are very sunken .. my cheeks and more towards the ears. The cheeks are really the only one that bothers me .. the other spot I would be ok with it staying as it is.

Kinda the Danial Craig James Bond look. Who would complain looking like James Bond .. not me.