Lots of calories left after dinner.

Options
So I have finished dinner and I still have over 800 calories left! How should I handle this? Even if Im off by a few hundred on my counting im still way under. Im starting to see why I may have had the scale stuck for the past year. I need to eat more of the good stuff!!!! Back to today tho... what should I eat tonight to get myself to at least 1200 calories? Thats a little over 300.

Replies

• mbrownks77
    Options
    I like a pear with a low cal cheese stick! Right at 200 cals or so.....
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i'd suggest something with peanut butter. its high in the better kind of calories
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yep, you gotta fill up more during the day! Your body needs it.

You have several options:

You could eat a higher calorie treat that you don't usually work into your day (i.e. ice cream, cookie, etc).

You could eat another meal of healthy food that's around 500 cals.

You could just eat 300 cals and end up with 500 left. But, I do find that eating less than 1200 stalls me. I've been stalled and this is precisely why.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    A handful of nuts (peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc) would do the trick. Protein, fiber and healthy fats. :smile:
  • jenmcgraw
    jenmcgraw Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help! I like the idea of a treat but maybe will just eat a second dinner with my husband when he gets home. That way I wont feel guilty:) Its a hard thing to put more calories in your body. It feels so counterproductive tho Ive read and been told I need to up my calorie count.
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I agree with the peanut butter suggestion - protein possibly with saltines or celery. A baked potato with cottage cheese. Also, a glass of orange juice.
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Quick Shake made with 8oz of milk and a banana throw in a blender! Yummy!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Eat something if you want to, pretty much anything will do. And from now on do your best to eat more throughout the day.