NSV - What's your recent?

Options

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    just wore a new bra today that is several cups and 3 band sizes (so 6 inches) smaller than I started in.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the NSV in here!

Mine: I'm sore from lifting weights. (I haven't been sore from lifting weights since the end of May when I started a new program. I took about 3 weeks off last month because of a HUGE race, so I'm just getting back to it. But I LOVE the soreness of weight lifting, so I was excited when I felt sore after lifting.)
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I bet no one has ever posted this in the history of MFP NSV topics and it might be TMI but I was able to shave my privates much easier. Yes I am a guy that does that. I hadn't shaved down there since early in my diet and it was much easier this time not fighting my gut while shaving. Trimmer then blade :blushing:
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Put on an old pair of heels to head to work. Realized they were too lose!

I have skinner feet now - LOL! :laugh:
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Pants I bought two weeks ago which fit nicely, now need a belt!
    I finally, figured out how my body prefers to eat on a diet (low carb)!
    I've lost 30 lbs since April 1st....Six months ago I never thought I could do it, today, I know there is still more that I will do!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Realized this morning that since I've lost 40lbs, I've started taking more pride in my appearance - doing my hair every day rather than wearing it in a ponytail, wearing more professional clothing to work, etc. Maybe this is vanity, but it makes me feel good.
  • GothJuice
    GothJuice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of the summer I dug out a pair of jeans that used to fit me snugly last year, and they were a bit too tight for me...

Yesterday I wore them and was walking around when something felt off, I realized they had fallen halfwaydown my bottom, exposing my comfy granny pants to the world!!

Guess I'm going to have to invest in a belt...
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My NSV is kinda strange...but I consider it a victory.

After 8 weeks of healthy eating, I had a greasy chicken sandwich last night during my weekly poker league...and, to put it mildly, my body rebelled. I consider it a victory that my body has changed enough to reject "crap" food...and I won't be eating that again!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Realized this morning that since I've lost 40lbs, I've started taking more pride in my appearance - doing my hair every day rather than wearing it in a ponytail, wearing more professional clothing to work, etc. Maybe this is vanity, but it makes me feel good.

I hear you. I put on earrings yesterday for the first time in... oh... let's say 8 months. My work is pretty lenient as far as getting "dressed up"; you don't have to if you don't want to within reason. Me in earrings = either special occasion or starting to care a bit more what I look like.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    My undies are falling off:bigsmile: :embarassed:

Another Aussie here too!

I've had to buy new underwear because they were falling off!! Love it.

I just had to buy my second round of smaller undies!!!
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just realised I've doing this a month today, and also my husband has been sharing the healthy meals with me and making more effort to eat better because I am. I knew he must be losing weight because earlier, while carrying some boxes downstairs, his jeans fell right down around his ankles lol! Turns out he has managed to lose just over a stone! :D
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans on right now that I have had for at least 3 years and were a gift from my mother. The jeans used to be tight everywhere. Now, they are baggy in the leg and butt area, and even though I have a little bit of a muffin top, it doesn't hurt to bend over or sit with them buttoned when I used to have to unbutton them when I did those things! :)
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This week, I hit a consistent 100+ days of logging (currently 106 days)

Went shopping today, due to being tired of wearing crazy baggy work clothes (that were a 16). Picked out 2 different sizes of pants (a 12 and a 14, just for kicks and giggles).

Assumed I'd only fit into the larger pair. Tried on the 12s and they actually fit!!! The waist wasn't uncomfortable to wear or anything, but in the legs, it looked too tight for it to be work appropriate. So I played it safe and got a 14 in black slacks.

I haven't been in a 12 in at least a year or two. I'd love to get below that, even. I have a pair of super cute jeans that are a size 8 that I've never been able to wear. Got them for Christmas many years ago and they didn't even fit me then. I'd kill to be a single-digit pant size again!

Oh, and my only belt that I can find at home is way too big for me. Even the last hole in the belt isn't enough :)
  • becominglexi
    becominglexi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1: Just logged on for my first 30 day streak! I've never had a streak of more than 9 days before, and this time it didn't feel like an effort at all!
    2: My dad, a former multi-marathon runner and basically my coach and idol when it comes to fitness, told me that I was in decent shape a few minutes ago after we finished a run. Please believe me when I say this has never ever ever happened before.
  • heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Found six pair of dress pants in the back of the closet that not only fit they were loose. One pair I remember buying when my son was 3 years old and he is almost 18 now. Did a happy dance in my closet :laugh:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I was averaging a 13:29 mile last night on my "run".

I got a pair of size 14 jeans and didn't have to dance my way into them (they are a little stretchy, but still, 6 weeks ago I would have been wiggling and muffin topping like mad).

Today is a 50 day streak for me.

:drinker:
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work :)
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been able to actually go on the elliptical machine. I'm only able to do 10 minutes right now but it's 10 minutes more than I was able to do a month ago. The plan is to increase it by 2 minutes each week.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Was helping my brother and sister in law paint at their new house yesterday. I was on trim so I was squatting and then standing up again a lot to get to the baseboards and climbing on and off chairs to do the tops of doorways. Last year I would have been huffing and puffing and making old person noises doing all that. Yesterday, I realized about half way through the day that I felt fine and strong.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!