Introducing Myself

Options
This is the first day I actually filled everything out and going to start to get my life back on track. I am actually very excited and motivated at this point with the new year. I am hoping I will start feeling better about myself by my nieces kindergarten graduation in May. I have not seen my family in over a year because I moved from my home state of Louisiana to Minnesota to start my own family and I have gained quite a bit a weight from having two boy 10 1/2 months apart. Hope the best for everyone! I know I am going to need a push every now and then and I am hoping MyFitnessPal helps me with it. :smile:

Replies

• aprilcooper
    Options
    i wanna wish you luck. I am sure i will have my days also. My biggest set back is cutting the coke out of my life and suffering the caffine withdraw headache. So stay strong and keep picturing yourself where you want to be.
  • Saphyyre
    Options
    Hello! Oregon mom here, ready to set some goals and attain them! I am looking for good healthy and to gain confindence to get up onstage for my future as a singer song writer!
  • hands2serve
    Options
    Good job! The first step is always the hardest. When the weight starts to come off (slowly or quickly) you will be amazed how much better you will feel and the energy you will have to keep up with those boys :-)
  • mrs_sarahd818
    Options
    Hey girl! Good luck with your goals! I used this site last year and it really helped. I got off track but I'm ready to get back on it. It's important to remember that it's ok to give yourself a "cheat day" once in a great while for two good reasons. Number one, it makes it easier to diet because in the back of your mind you know that you aren't completely forbidden to have the things you like. Number two, it helps put your metabolism into shock when you hit a plateau. It sort of confuses it and can help kickstart you out of the plateau. Just don't binge on your cheat day, it's importation to still use moderation. I hope I gave you some useful advice. I know it helped me. Good luck Chasidy!!
  • mvellis
    mvellis Posts: 19
    Options
    Nice to meet you. This program will help you stay on track, I'm sure. I'm a "Cajun" cook, too. As you know, we love our food. Through the years, I've learned to eat healthier and convert some of the Cajun dishes to healthier recipes. Take a picture now so that you'll have one to compare in May!
  • chasidynicole
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great advice! I am really liking how this site is layed out and am looking forward to the days to come. :happy: