Newbie to MFP, wanting to make it this time!

Options
Hi, Just joined and started today. I am married and work alot. Today was a new start for the year. Left work at 5pm, and plan to do that everyday. Have entered all my eats for the day and water along with excerise. Will need help to keep going. I start to see results and slack off everytime I have tried in the last few years. I know I can do it, have before. Want it more then anything and will keep at it. Hope to meet others on here who are in the same boat. Heres to a fresh start of the new me!

Replies

• SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    cheers here to fresh starts!!
  • agraffis50
    Options
    Hi, I understand exactly how you feel. The same thing has happened to me several times. We can do this! You will make it this time. Keep up the good work!
  • rubywell
    Options
    Last year I lost over 50 lbs to reach my goal. The most important thing to me was to stop looking at this as a diet and to start looking at this as a lifestyle change. I love chocolate and I eat 1 piece of chocolate every day. I did not deprive myself of any of the foods that I like, I just eat them in moderation now. If I did not continue to eat the foods I love I know I would not have met my goals. At first I had to plan my meals a day ahead of time so I knew what I could eat for the day, planning was key for me. It became easier once I started to learn the calories.

Dont give up, if you slip, just let the slip be for that meal. Dont wait until tomorrow or Monday to start back over, start at the next meal. You can do it, if I was able to meet my goals anyone can meet there goals. Just make the goals small so you can have daily accomplishments. My typical weekly goals, 1200 calories 7 days, 13000 steps 5 days and 10000 steps 2 days.
  • PINKPIPER
    Options
    Good Luck, me too. I'm hoping by rewarding myself with a trip to Mexico will help me stay motivated.
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Cheers to a great attitude and the success to come!!
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Welcome to the message boards! I know what you mean - I lost 2 stone on WW about five years ago but I have gained it all back. Ideally this time I'd like to stay the distance and a bit more but my initial goal is to lose that 2 stone and then we shall see! Good luck and keep in touch :smile:
  • masmith06
    Options
    Thank you. Really looking forward to doing it this time. With support from this site. I believe I can do it. Or I can do it!
  • masmith06
    Options
    The picture I posted was from my trip in Dec to Mexico. Plan to go back in 2012 and want to be the size I dream of being.