Cutting thru the Holidays...

Options
God help me...anyone else on a cut during the upcoming holidays?? Misery loves company

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I am taking off from Thanksgiving day through the next week because we're heading to Disney. Then I'll be back to cutting until Christmas, when I might take off a week until the new year.
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Im bulking until new years then cutting from there. That way Ill be ready for the spring, Why would you want to cut in the middle of winter?
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I'll be finishing a Whole30 at Halloween, haven't decided yet whether to maintain or cut over the holidays ... tempted to cut just to keep me from smashing too many desserts as I'm wont to do.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting through the holidays. I just count on a spike day for Thanksgiving and Christmas. No need to stuff myself, but I'm going to enjoy the time with my family without worrying about being super strict. Focus on meats and vegetables, save room for dessert.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Probably. Unless I magically can reach goal before then. But yeah, I'll just have "cheat days" or however you want to call them.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Im bulking until new years then cutting from there. That way Ill be ready for the spring, Why would you want to cut in the middle of winter?

It wasn't exactly planned that way - but the BF% numbers don't lie - I'm pushing hard right now to lose that certain % and will hopefully get there by November
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to weigh my options currently- I was hoping to be another 10-15 pounds lighter by November- but I'm not.

So- I'm considering cutting up to thanksgiving- and then maintenance through till Christmas- maybe- I honestly don't do a lot of "holiday-ing" so it's not like I have crazy parties to attend- mostly just gotta stay on track and have a few higher spikes.

we'll see- but I'm certainly not bulking- gotta drop more weight before I do this again- although- last one was supremely successful- I'm not as small as I was last year but still weigh the same- win win everywhere.
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting until the day before Thanksgiving, because we leave for a vacation to Costa Rica that day, and I want to be able to see my muscles when I'm running around in a bikini :)

I think I'd rather bulk, because said muscles are pretty tiny, but I'm not at 20% body fat like the ubiquitous "they" say you should be before you start a bulk. I'm guessing I'll gain weight on our trip, because the last 3 days are at an all-inclusive place, and I'm certainly going to be taking advantage of that, lol.