45 Miles in October Challenge

Options
I am participating in a challenge for the month of October. It is to move 45 miles this month… either by way of walking, running, swimming, biking (or any combination thereof). The brother of one of my friends on FB has instituted this challenge in memory of their brother who died from cancer and would be 45 this month. I am participating.

Anybody care to join me?

Link: www.milesforjonathan.org

Replies

• hismogwai
    hismogwai Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! Thats a great reason to be doing it, gives it a higher meaning.
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Am in. Thanks for the challenge.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I updated the original post to include a link to the challenge if you'd like to make it official. I figure on keeping accountability on here anyway!
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I sgned up as well. Thanks for the link! Great way to stay accountable and honor someone's life in a positive and healthy way!
  • linchambers0208
    linchambers0208 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in!!!
  • jgoodman13
    jgoodman13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    would be honored to join in.
  • rCatheriner
    rCatheriner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in :-) Can't hurt to try!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    In!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I love a great walking challenge. I'm in. Will we just report back here weekly with our totals?

I pray for comfort for the family that is missing there loved one. I have friend who is seeing his oncologist I tomorrow, his cancer may be back. I encourage all who are able to donate to the American Cancer Society or any other charity close to their heart.
  • rachelnelson27
    rachelnelson27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • cincysweetheart
    Options
    I love a great walking challenge. I'm in. Will we just report back here weekly with our totals?

Yes. I figure we'll just keep this thread going through October! Thanks everybody! This is the first time I've done something like this. It's exciting to have so many people join with me! A few of my FB friends are doing it with me too. I'm loving it!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • ashoona
    ashoona Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Good luck to everyone!
  • krisfitmfp
    krisfitmfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I would Love to join!!
    Great way to honor him :)
  • chainess2014
    chainess2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to join but how -- we have to complete 45 miles by the end of October?
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Definitely in!
  • cincysweetheart
    Options
    I would love to join but how -- we have to complete 45 miles by the end of October?

Use the link in the OP. That will allow you to register and make it official. If you'd rather not register...that's fine. Just do it! And yes just complete 45 miles by the end of October. In any form. Walking, running, biking, swimming or any combination thereof. That's only 1.5 miles a day.

We'll keep this thread going for accountability and support on here!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Sooooo......not sure how this works.. we post on here too?? Oct 1 and I did 3.1 miles today. (practice for 5K Saturday). If we don't post here, sorry!