Wii Fit Question!

Options
Anyone have it and does it really burn calories??? I want to get it but I don't want to spend $100 on it until I hear some feedback on if it really works or not!!! :)

Thanks!!

Replies

• KBagwell
    KBagwell Posts: 78
    Options
    Anyone have it and does it really burn calories??? I want to get it but I don't want to spend $100 on it until I hear some feedback on if it really works or not!!! :)

Thanks!!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This has been brought up a little in the past, maybe this will help....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14406-just-got-wii-fit
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Thanks!!
    Hi Kristal,

I have the Wii Fit and yes, it does burn calories.
    There are several exercises: running (jogging in place), yoga (Love it!), strength training ( leg extensions, pushups, situps, jackknife, lunges, squats & more), hula hooping (very good for the core), aerobics using the Wii board as a step, it teaches you how to improve your balance & posture (it detects your stabilty and teaches you how to correct it) and so much more!

It was hard for me to get an actually calorie burnt total since I don't have a HRM yet so I entered it one by one (wasn't sure on the amount of time on each so I might be off on some). I burnt 136 calories in 45 minutes. Doesn't seem like much but I'm positive it was way more than that. Can't wait to get a HRM to know exactly how many cals I burn.

I can definitely feel soreness in my abs & thighs.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options

Thanks!!
    Hi Kristal,

I have the Wii Fit and yes, it does burn calories.
    There are several exercises: running (jogging in place), yoga (Love it!), strength training ( leg extensions, pushups, situps, jackknife, lunges, squats & more), hula hooping (very good for the core), aerobics using the Wii board as a step, it teaches you how to improve your balance & posture (it detects your stabilty and teaches you how to correct it) and so much more!

It was hard for me to get an actually calorie burnt total since I don't have a HRM yet so I entered it one by one (wasn't sure on the amount of time on each so I might be off on some). I burnt 136 calories in 45 minutes. Doesn't seem like much but I'm positive it was way more than that. Can't wait to get a HRM to know exactly how many cals I burn.

I can definitely feel soreness in my abs & thighs.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
    You might want to try logging it as:Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort
    Under the Cardio section-it will show burning more calories than what you posted.