critique my food diary!

Options
i wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on my food diary. its public so let me know what you think and what changes i should make! thanks!

Replies

• trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Overall, you're doing pretty well! I would consider tracking my sodium if I were you, however. You'd be surprised how much you consume without realizing it -- it's in everything! I also see that you're not tracking water intake -- I hope you're drinking at least 8 cups per day! It's so important to get that water in!
  • annette02
    Options
    What results are you looking to accomplish? Weight loss? Weight gain? Toning? Adding more muscle? So, for me to really critque it, i would need to know what results you want. (again, just my own opinon and from personal experience....I am not a personal trainer or nutritionist) Good Luck! :smile:
  • torrtorrr
    Options
    yes your right! i was tracking my sodium earlier but i seemed to never go over so i switched it to sugar just to see how i was doing with that. you can't track all of them which is kind of annoying
  • torrtorrr
    Options
    I just want to tone up really. mostly my stomach and arms. maybe lose a few extra pounds to do that though!
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Maybe aim for fewer carbs. You are way under in fats and over in carbs, so perhaps adjusting that will help.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    For the most part it looks pretty good.
    Maybe some more veggies and rock the water.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I find the less sugar the better. Sodium just makes you bloat.
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would say keep your carbs for one meal. For example you have bread and potatoes in the morning that is all the carbs for the day. If you want to tone up you need to eat more protein and less carbs. I am the same as you i am 5'5 at 122 but I am toned up. My belly is smaller now than when I was 108. I try to follow the abs diet. It is mainly incorporating powerfoods such as eggs, spinach, berries, oatmeal, etc to help with shrinking your belly. It helped me tremendous. if you look at my diary it is not the best but it is a working progress. i try to get more veggies than breads. If i do have bread it has to be multigrain 100% whole wheat. little changes can make a big difference. if you need more help message me.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Drink more (and track) water, cut sodium by eating fewer processed foods, replace your Wonder bread with real whole grain bread, and eat more veggies - other than that, you're doing pretty well.