Roasted Chickpeas

Options
Hi Everyone,

So I tried spicy roasted chickpeas for the first time today and they were delicious! I was thinking of making my own and wondering if any of you lovely people have any flavours / recipes that I could try?

Thank you in advance. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

So I tried spicy roasted chickpeas for the first time today and they were delicious! I was thinking of making my own and wondering if any of you lovely people have any flavours / recipes that I could try?

Thank you in advance. :flowerforyou:

Curry.
    Season with fresh herbs
    Lemon Pepper Seasoning
    Costco No salt seasoning or Mrs Mum
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've also just started roasting chickpeas as a mid afternoon snack. My favourite so far is 1tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp maple syrup 1/4tsp cinnamon. Mix the chickpeas 10 mins before there done and then put back in the oven for the remaining time. Lovely :-)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,633 Member
    Options
    I follow this recipe, kind of. I find I can get away with using half the oil, and usually season with garlic powder and smoked paprika.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/30368-spicy-oven-roasted-chickpeas
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Not honey and spices. I thought it would be sweet and salty and Moroccan-y. What they tasted like was chickpeas with honey on them. Just sad.
  • gizmo_2014
    Options
    I don't follow a recipe but love roasted chickpeas. I drain and rinse a can of chickpeas (when I don't have time to make them from dried) and dry in a colander. Spread onto a cookie sheet, toss in oil and whatever spices you like! I love a bit of salt, pepper and cayenne.