:(

Options
So I was doing really good on my weight loss and got down to 177, I started out at 197 and a few months ago just lost my motivation and am back to 187. I feel like such a failure and I really want to get down to 135 again. Has anyone been in my boat? Just stopped then picked it back up and were successful? I need some words of encouragement!! :)

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the same boat....but there are plenty that are. While I don't have any weight to lose, I have lost my modivation to work out before. All you can do is build a support group and encourage each other. Feel free to friend me and I'll be happy to help keep you pumped about your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding?? That's like... my whole weight loss journey in a nutshell! I lost about 25 pounds and then just hit a wall and completely stopped with all of my good habits. I was down to 163 and went back up to 168 and felt AWFUL! Then I realized that I just needed to get back into it without any excuses! So I plunged in with a new diet plan and a new goal and I'm now down to 148. You can do it! Don't let your discouragement get you down because it's not going to help any. Just start off tomorrow with YOUR new goal and YOUR new changes and you WILL succeed! :)
  • dankolle
    Options
    I was 320, lost down to 270 in 8 long months, took a summer off, lost an additional 30 pounds (240) gained back 20 for about a year and I am not on a quest for 200 pounds! Keep up the good work!
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    same for me... 175 to 145 back upto 165... It's just remembering that you did it once before and can do it this time is how I am looking at it.... And just as lruff1987 saids, tomorrow is a new start.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Im in ur boat sister! i lost 7 pounds and was down to 176... and now im 190...:explode: i wanted to get down to 130 to and i fell hard off the wagon due to life reasons, but now im back and i will be a great supporter for you if you need someone to keep you motivivated and on track. I ask you do the same for me and together we'll get through this! you with me??:flowerforyou:
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Set a new goal. It has been my experience that when we lose; then gain back some of the weight we tend to stay in the mindset that we are experiencing a setback. We get down on ourselves for the slip-up. Make your new starting weight 187 and set a goal of 10-15 pounds - something small enough to be within sight and do-able with a bit of effort. Then go back at this as if it was new. Every time you start to feel bad tell yourself that this is a lifelong process and you can do it. Oh, and don't forget to give yourself a non food reward for every few pounds. If you start at 187 do a reward when you are below 185 then another little reward when you hit the 5 pounds lost, then another when you are below 180 etc. Good luck. YOU CAN DO THIS.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat but you know what? It's the beginning of a new year and I'm making this year mine. I'm going to lose the weight before I walk down the aisle.

And you will lose the weight as well! You cannot give up!
  • Samantha0905
    Options
    I sure have! I was 140 for the longest then things got tough and I shot up to 175. Took a few months to get back down to 150 then had another rough year and now I'm back to 166. My goal is 135 and I know we can both do it! Just work out.. keep track of your calories everday (even if you had a bad day). Everyone here is very supportive and some are very well informed. So if you have weight loss questions, post them!

Good luck and feel free to send me a friend request =)
  • Shannoncore
    Options
    i was 260. dropped down to 160. then gained 20-25 lbs back and was not happy about it. i am nine months pregnant and back over 200 and not happy about it (that is putting it nicely) i cant wait to get back on the band wagon so to speak, you just have to remember eat only when you are hungry keep track of what you eat and keep putting one foot infront of the other.
  • Amesontrack
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I think a lot of us do. But you are back at it, and that's what matters.
    We can't change our pasts but we can sure change our futures :)
    Feel free to friend me if you want another person to help support you.
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    Thanks you all! Such great attitudes! (Hard to reply to everyone) but I will definitely try and stick to it this year!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Girl I started this two years ago at 283. Got down to 257 and stopped. Back up to 263 and started again last December. Down to 187 by October and I let the holidays get to me, and I'm back up to 199. So I'm starting again fresh. Either way I don't way 283 anymore. I want to lose another 30. I can do it and so can you.:):)!!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Been there, doing that.

Lost 72 & kept it off for 2 years; then slowly gained back +40 over about 7 months. Said at +20 "this has got to stop"; it didn't. Said at +30, "REALLY, this has got to stop"; but all I stopped was exercising.

Then at +40 I finally said, "okay, Alice, stop wishing for the Skinny Fairy to blink you thin. Instead, do what you know works: put on the really big girl panties ('cause let's face it, they're the ones that fit right now . .) and do what you know you have to do: (1) eat less & exercise more, (2) be honest to yourself and others about what you REALLY put in your mouth; and (3) don't be afraid to ask for help, support, and encouragement."

Go Girl!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I was the healthiest I ever was last year and got pregnant, did really well the first 5 months. The plus side is I gained 15 lbs less than I did with my previous 2 pregnancies. Down side I still gained a lot. So here I am and I will be successful again and you can too.
  • Pange33
    Pange33 Posts: 63
    Options
    3 years ago I was like crazy go to the gym 2 hours a night 4 days a week (eating pretty much whatever I wanted) and I lost 65 pounds! But....my life went crazy,, I moved , changed jobs, stopped the gym. I gained 15 lbs back. Then last year I was disgusted, and changed my diet (no gym), I went mostly vegan (Mostly vegetarian at weak moments), and I lost the 15 I had gained. Now I'm working on diet AND excercise :) This time I'd like to lose 20 more lbs. My issue is eating enough food to have the energy to go to the gym....it's a constant battle for EVERYONE no matter what their diet or excercise :) Hang in there!!!!!