Hey from Ontario

Options
Hello all, my name is Candice and I'm a 29 year-old from Southwestern Ontario. I've been devoted to MFP since my first baby was born in June and have lost 54 in that time...although my baby was nearly 10 of it ;) When I'm not taking care of a tiny human, I work for a children's charity doing fundraising. I also work with 40 women who love to eat...which makes it hard to be good at work.

I've hit a slight plateau in my weightloss, going from 2 lbs a week to 1lb every week or so. Depressing. I was much more active with my baby when the weather was warmer, going for 5 kms walks every day with him. Now it's just dreary and blah and hanging out on the couch is much more fun.

How do you beat the blues to get out when it's cold and rainy? I will add that we have a full basement gym (treadmill, bike, boxing equipment and a Boflex) but I haven't touched it. My hubby uses it every night, but there is never time for me to get on, or I'm too exhausted once he is home to even touch the stuff.

Replies

• RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello Candice!

I think it's important to keep in mind that the closer you are to your goal weight the slower the progress will become. Just the sheer fact that you have less weight to lose. :ohwell:

Towards the end of my weight loss to goal weight I just had to chart the progress and not give it much thought because I was loosing FRACTIONS of 1 pound a week! lol

Although I know that is a far cry from what I was use to seeing in the beginning & is probably psychologically deflating, try to look at the big picture & reflect how far you've come & go ahead - yea take A LOT of pride in that accomplishment girl! :drinker:

As far as staying active is concerned in the colder months, I joined the gym just so I can get out of the house. For me, I would never be able to stay active with equipment in the home ... my home is where I run around in fuzzy jama pants & comfy sweatshirt with a nice hot cup of tea in hand. :heart:

The gym is where I go to fight fat, keep my heart healthy, & fend off high glucose (diabetes). And most gyms (at least in the U.S.) has some sort of daycare available which would be a doubly nice break for mama.

Good luck!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Hi Candice! A pound a week is still progress. You need to make time to hit the weights...they are so good for you. Add me if you need friends (I grew up in the Falls but live in MI now.)