Help adjusting from running outside to treadmill

Options
I have been running about 3 miles 4x a week outside and it's been great! Once the clock changes and bad weather comes I know I'll have to run inside, but I have a terrible time on the treadmill! could barely make 2.5 miles! It's on flat and I even set it a tad slower then my outside pace but it was such a struggle! Any tips? It's a gym treadmill, not a personal one.

Thank you!

Replies

• wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Get some REALLY good tempo music to psych yourself up and zone out. It will help out tons. Using the preprogrammed intervals or other programs could also change things up for you. It seems like you're getting board with just the flat run on the treadmill.

Sorry, but there is only so much you can do to "spice up" the treadmill. :drinker:
  • IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like intervals of speed and inclines to keep it interesting. Music is very important. Even then I really can only do 3 miles MAYBE 4 on a good day.

73529108.png
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Intervals help me make it through. Also, hopping off the mill to do some air squats or burpees in the intervals as well. Makes time go much faster than just watching the clock tick down (or up) on your machine.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Dress appropriately and continue to run outside.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Good music.

I like to start off at a comfortable speed and then every time a new song starts, I up the speed by 1. I do this for as many tracks as I can handle the increase in speed, and then I go in reverse, going down 1 with each song, until I am back where I started.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Watch movies. Makes the time go by so much faster!