Can't seem to lose weight now…?

Options
I have about 30 pounds left to lose and i'm not budging from 150 pounds?

My food journal is actual in a notebook (not on here) but it goes something like this:

Breakfast: Cream of Wheats (110 cals, Milk 140 and honey 90) or Apples w/ Peanut butter (190 PB and 80 apples) or Cereal (100-110 cals, plus about 65-70 cals milk)

Lunch is normally a sandwich- Bread is usually about 140-160 cals. Then lunch meat is about 90 cals. And every now and again i'll make cheese (140 cals for two slices for grilled cheese) or (98 cals for Prov. cheese for ham and cheese)

Then for Dinner it's whatever is being made.

MY CALORIES (WITHOUT dinner)
Thursday, 18th- 945 calories
Friday- 730 cals
Saturday- 840 cals
Sunday- "bad day"
Monday- "bad day" - Had Olive Garden which easily put me over limit - even with sharing! Haha
Tuesday- another 'bad day'
Wednesday-833 calories
Thursday- 1,171 --- ONE WEEK MARK ----
Friday- 795 cals
Saturday- 805 cals
Sunday - "bad day"
Monday- 1,175
Tuesday (Today)- 1,160 cals

Now i've worked out everyday all those days. I do a semi interval training for about 20 minutes. I jog for about 2-3minutes and walk about a 1 minute. Then after i walk for another 30 minutes or so.

I've also added in weight training; doing planks, dumbbell curl, push ups, etc

So… what gives? Almost 2 weeks now and i've not lost a single pound? :\

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh food with a food scale and log accurately? Dinner "whatever is being made", do you know the recipes, how it is being made, logging cooking oil, butter, etc? If not then you are eating more than you think.

Also your "bad days" can easily take away any calorie deficit you had made the other days and cause you to not lose.

Also..... even if you were perfectly logging and creating the appropriate calorie deficit, it can take longer than 2 weeks to see any results because weight loss is not linear.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Over 25% of your days have been "bad days," and on the rest, you still have no idea what your intake is.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    All the food voyeurs here prefer that you log everything on this site. Seriously you need to be very accurate. Here are the words I see when I skim read your log.

normally
    about
    every now and again
    Whatever is made
    "bad day"
    another bad day
    bad day over limit

A better log would help but if you are stuck, change something, anything. More cardio (my favorite) , walk twice eat a snack. I would recommend a breakfast of good old oatmeal you cook, no sugar and drop the cheese and cut back on the bread at lunch (low carb wrap 90 cal.) with no mayo only mustard. By the way, my oatmeal I jazz up a lot because it is after I run in the morning. 2/3 cup oatmeal, chia seeds, 1/3 cup tree nuts, 2/3 cup of fresh strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries and a sliced banana. Last time I measured it all out honestly it clocked in at over 1000 calories.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You basically have no idea how many calories on average you are eating. If you are not losing weight, you are not eating at a calorie deficit. Accurately counting ALL calories is the easiest way to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • _Nicklebee
    Options
    Thing is i never had any idea of how much i was eating (as in dinner), even with losing weight.

Dinners are also 1/2 plate veggies, about a fist size of meat and a couple spoons of mashed potatoes/rice/whatever.

It seems NOW i can't lose weight. How is it possible to drop 15 pounds doing this exact thing and now not losing?

"Bad Days" consisted of me going to an amusement park: so eating maybe a carmel apple, or some fries or having a drink of pop.

But i guess i'll need to be more strict and 'try' to figure out dinner calories also.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Over 25% of your days have been "bad days," and on the rest, you still have no idea what your intake is.

Yup.

Try this article for help. it gives 11 reasons you may not be losing weight.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    The less weight you have to lose, the tighter your logging has to be. It's science.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's enough to time to determine whether or not what you're doing is working but you're eating way too little.
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My advice is to spend a few days logging your calorie intake on here....log absolutely everything as accurately as you can, even on the "bad days". Do that for a few days and you will have a better idea of what you are really eating.

In my experience, those "bad days" are usually way over what I thought they'd be. Also, not logging dinner for me would be a big mistake, as it is routinely where I eat most of my calories.
  • deksgrl
    Options

It seems NOW i can't lose weight. How is it possible to drop 15 pounds doing this exact thing and now not losing?

It is all about calories. If you are not losing, you are not creating a calorie deficit. You are eating more than you think, or perhaps not as active as you were when you lost weight before.
    As has been mentioned, your bad days can be negating any calorie deficit you created. Or, it just hasn't been long enough, 2 weeks is not consistent enough to tell for sure. But most likely the first reason. Also, if you are nearing that time of the month, you could be retaining water weight (or eating a lot of salt). Log accurately and that will tell the story.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I don't think that's enough to time to determine whether or not what you're doing is working but you're eating way too little.

Uhm no. The calories she gave was what she was eating not including dinner. She didn't give calorie counts on dinners, or on her "bad days" which were several.
  • fernandaBush
    fernandaBush Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    More weight training, less carbs and more fat. Also, your daily calories seem super low and the nutrients are not there...

Read about low card high fat diet. That should help.