Snack Ideas

Options
Ok so I have a weakness, I love to snack. I prefer to do that over eating a full meal. But here lately I've been running out of ideas for good snacks, and eating some not so good snacks (thanks holidays). What does everyone here like to snack on that they don't feel guilty about?

Replies

• roxanea
    roxanea Posts: 59
    Options
    I like to snack on small to medium green apples spread with Laughing Cow light cheese wedge. I also like to snack on clementines, carrots with 2 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Light Ranch dressing, a mini bag of popcorn, rice cakes with light cream cheese, and wheat thins reduce fat with laughing cow cheese wedge. Hope this gives you some ideas.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is 1/2 c. Fat free cottage cheese topped with a few dashes of crystal hot sauce. I dip fat free or baked potato chips. Don't knock it til you try it. I even got my 5-year old sister who is the pickiest person on the planet to try it. And it's her new favorite!
  • bubblie117
    bubblie117 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ok so I love that you posted this, I have been wondering about healthier snacks, especially sitting here at work all night....I like apple slices with either peanut butter or a small piece of sharp chedder cheese. I also got some 100 calorie packs of popcorn to try too
  • LetItBe4Sanity
    LetItBe4Sanity Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on small to medium green apples spread with Laughing Cow light cheese wedge. I also like to snack on clementines, carrots with 2 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Light Ranch dressing, a mini bag of popcorn, rice cakes with light cream cheese, and wheat thins reduce fat with laughing cow cheese wedge. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Wow. I absolutely HAVE to try that apple & cheese idea! Something I would have NEVER thought about.

Some of my Snacks:
    -Frozen Grapes
    -Clementines
    -"Healthy" Chips & Homemade Salsa
    -Protein Shake or Bar (Helps me feel full)
    -Fruit of any Kind
    -Homemade Fruit Parfait
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    almonds and fruit
    cucumbers
    baby carrots
    banana

Haven't tried the apple or banana with peanut butter yet and nor have I tried the cheese + apple.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    by the way salsa is amazing. So few calories. I heard Jackie Warner tell a group of people to just slather it on everything.
  • bubblie117
    bubblie117 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys those are all good ideas! I just get used to the same old thing and I needed something new, I appreciate it!