Newly Diagnosed- Type 1 Diabetes

Options
Hey All!

I've just been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at age 25 and a healthy weight. I'm already active and eat healthfully, so am learning how to incorporate medicine (insulin) into my life. I'd love to connect with other diabetics (especially type 1's) who are looking to make friends and support each other to maintain and lead healthy, fit lifestyles in spite of the disease. Add me! :)

Thanks!

~Amy

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My husband is diabetic, insulin dependent. I realize you are seeking other diabetics for friends but if you're open to a non-diabetic with an intimate knowledge of what it means to live with a diagnosis and the challenges that come with it, please feel free to add me. I love offering and receiving encouragement.
  • mtswishe
    Options
    What are you big questions? Are you able to track your numbers easily? Do you have a medical professional to discuss issues with regularly. Maintaining a testing, carb-counting, dosage routine over the long is the tricky part. Things change in subtle ways and it's easy to get frustrated. Clue your friends into what you need and let them be a part of your working to keep healthy. Diabetes is not who you are, but it is a bit like having a high maintenance pet. You can't just leave her at home.