How tall would you have to be?

Options
kimmiebear70
kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
Just being goofy, I decided to play with the BMI calculator to see how tall I would have to be now at my current weight to be in a healthy range. I would have to be 7'6" tall! I'm 5'4", BTW.

Replies

• dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    oh that's a fun idea! I'd have to be 5'9" ...and I'm only 5'3" dang!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Wow~.
    I am in my healthy range right now...Just on the chubby side of it.
    And I'm 5'9", which sucks, 'cause I'll never be able to say to my friends, "yeah, I'm 100 pounds."
    Having short friends...pfffft. lol.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    LOL, now you got me wondering...
  • Pange33
    Pange33 Posts: 63
    Options
    I'd have to be 6'3!!!

I'm 5'10, 200.8 lbs!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    For my BMI to be in the healthy range, I would have to be 6'1" and I'm 5'4"
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Very creative find! I read somewhere on an "ideal weight chart" that you start at 100 pounds for 5 feet, and for every inch over, add 5 pounds. I am 5'4" also, so I am going for 120! Anyone else ever hear this one?
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Very creative find! I read somewhere on an "ideal weight chart" that you start at 100 pounds for 5 feet, and for every inch over, add 5 pounds. I am 5'4" also, so I am going for 120! Anyone else ever hear this one?

I've heard that... but being just over 5' tall I don't put much faith in it! My lightest adult weight that I know of was 108 and I can't imagine being skinnier than that and certainly not weighing 102 as a mature, physically fit adult! (I was 19 when I was 108... and not in shape even though I was at a healthy weight)

BTW... right now I'd have to be 6'5" to be at a healthy weight... sigh...
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I would have to be 5"11. I am 5"7 . So only 4 inches...hmmm, now that puts it into perspective!

Maybe if I get some 4" heels I'll magically look healthy?!? LOL:laugh:
  • Procrastinator
    Options

I've heard of this but I don't think its very accurate. Some people have a small frame and some people have a large frame. Some people have more muscle than others. Aim for something reasonable and also its best if you ask the doctor what is the best weight for your height. Although your aim is within the healthy range so go for it if you think that weight is perfect for you :)
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    normal for me would be 7'3" to 8'4" and i'm 5'7" now and forever lol
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I'd have to be 6'9, but since I am only 5'5 I'll just have to keep losing weight!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I would have to be 6'9.5" for my current weight to fit into the "healthy" range. Almost a foot taller! Eek!
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    lol i love this kimmie!!!! I would have to be 6'8" to just get into the healthy range......i'm 5'6" xx
  • justahorsen
    Options
    LOL this is funny.....I would have to be 6 foot 5 and I am 5 foot 5 (almost!!) :happy:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I would have to be 6'8" for my weight (I am 5'8"). Come on growth spurt! hsx.gif

Now here why I know it is not right. At my height, for me to be borderline healthy, I would have to weight 164.4. I would have to be at 0% body fat and lose muscle just to get there.
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I would have to be 5"11. I am 5"7 . So only 4 inches...hmmm, now that puts it into perspective!

Maybe if I get some 4" heels I'll magically look healthy?!? LOL:laugh:

I would need stilts! lol
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    I would have to be 8'4" ... and since I'm 5'4" ... yeah I don't think that's going to happen. I realized the other day when I did my measurements that I'm 67 inches at my hips ... and I'm 5'4" ... which is 64" tall ... yeah I'm "taller" around than high. Not something to be proud of!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'd have to be 5'9" just to get in there.. I'm 5' exact, lol!
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I would have to be 5'9". I barely made it to 5'4" ...... I am from a family of tall people though so if I wouldn't have been so stubborn growing up thinking that I had to do everything MY way and rebel, and just had them teach me how to grow like they all did, maybe I wouldn't have this problem. :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: '
    Or it's the milkmans fault that I'm short..........
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What a fun idea! I would have to be 7'10" to be in the normal range at the weight I currently sit at. (I am 6' BTW) I don't think I am going to get lucky enough to get a major growth spurt sooooo, I guess I will just have to keep working at just losing it all. Darn the luck! :)