Kettlebells are for hipsters

Options
_Waffle_
_Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
Want to be a hipster but still wanting to workout? Let's face it. Those skinny jeans won't go on if your legs are flabby. What to do? What to do?

Step #1. Put down that soy latte and grab a kettlebell. What are these things you ask? Kettlebells are like old school free weights. Sure fancy plates with perfectly machined holes that can slide smoothly on to bars (this sounds so sexual) are so functional but who needs that? Just grab a medieval looking hunk of metal with a handle on one side. That's all you need.

With kettlebells you can still workout without being too mainstream. I mean these plates and dumbbell things are functional but so are CD players and we all know that vinyl is much cooler. Don't forget to instagram yourself in the gym and use hashtags like #oldschool #strongman #strongmanwithmustacheismuchcoolerthanyou

You already have the perfectly waxed mustache.

stache.jpeg

Pick up some classic weights and look the part.

strongmanawesome.jpg

Replies

• 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Just give me a waffle. Seriously- hand over the waffle. :love:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    Where is the like button?
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Just give me a waffle. Seriously- hand over the waffle. :love:

I'm with Grit. I just want the waffle .. drenched in syrup. ????
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Actually, I would think kettlebells would be an anathema to a hipster's carefully cultivated effete presentation and painfully obvious preference for the more weighty issues beyond the merely physical.

I hope the construction of that last sentence didn't make me a de facto hipster. I don't wanna give up lifting heavy weights. :ohwell: