Misfit Shine

Options
Anyone out there using a Misfit Shine? How do you like it? Are you able to get it to sync data with MFP with either a Samsung 5S or Microsoft Surface 2?

Thanks,

Debbie

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I seem to remember a thread in the Feedback section about this which says that it doesn't synch with MFP yet. Try doing a search, I'm pretty sure a bunch of people have posted on that thread, so you'll find a heap of users there.

Actually, here's the thread - there seems to be updated news on the last page:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1081275-misfit-shine-and-myfitnesspal
  • erinthebish
    erinthebish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the shine and it sort of syncs. But I don't quite understand it. It gives me "adjusted calories," which I don't understand. And my calories eaten don't sync all that easily. I'm using the Galaxy S3.
  • Cnaon
    Cnaon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have an S3 and it seems syncing is inconsistent. I just got a Flash yesterday so maybe I just don't understand how it's suppose to work yet.

Yesterday my steps & adjusted calories were syncing from Misfit app to MFP, today only my steps are syncing. Food syncing from MPF app to Misfit seems to be working fine for me.

This is how I understand the adjusted calories. Since the Misfit Shine/Flash is meant to be worn all the time it is tracking all the calories you burn and not just when exercising.

When you set up MFP and choose your activity level and set a cal/day goal MFP is assuming you are going to burn that many calories without doing any extra activity.

So when syncing with a fitness tracker MFP has to calculate out that assumed number since your fitness tracker is giving it all your calories burned.

I suppose you could set your cal/day goal to 0 if you are always wearing a fitness tracker but I haven't tried.

• MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Shine, and syncing it with my Galaxy S5 and trying to also sync with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 tablet. It seems to sync consistently well with my phone, but it's always off on the tablet. I've tried linking the 2 devices, and that doesn't work. Maybe the tablet has an older version of Bluetooth or something? Anyway, I've pretty much given up on using the tablet to sync.