Hi, mom of a 3 year old here.

I'm new here. I've tried everything else and my friends who don't have children, well, don't know what it's like.

I'm 5'2", 116lbs. I'm really small boned, so being 116 isn't overweight per se. I had a boy in Dec 04. I got up to 173. :cry: After, I was around 145, dropped down to 98 (little thin there) and shot up to 116 after a hospitalization in Nov last year.

Since giving birth, I get this "muffin top" really easily - my belly just pokes over my jeans. And it sags over. Sorry, its sounds gross. But its awful. I have to layer my clothes. I hate it.

Sooooooo I'm here, hoping for some help. I'm usually pretty good at dieting and at first, i was just up 8 or so pounds, then 10, and now I'm EIGHTEEN pounds heavier than I was six months ago. A few of those pounds are okay but this is too much. Nothing fits and it's not quite right for my naturally tiny frame.

And, being a mom, it packs right around the middle.

Soooooooooooooo things I love:
Cheesecake and baking! Hehe!

My downfall is bread and sugar. I can handle salty foods much better than I can wheat or breads (too bad, cause I can bake really great challah).

One bad thing is that I graduated in Dec and have been searching for a job ever since and that means more time at home. I also retain water very easily and gain weight easily - I have to eat less than 1200/day to maintain weight, and about 1,000/day to lose weight (ugh) with exercise and it gets harder and harder the smaller I am (and by "smaller" I mean anything less than 120 lbs).

Ok, so, I need buddies!! I hope to get to know you guys! It always seems to work best when I can share tips and recipes! I wasn't a very good cook before but I'm learning!

Replies

• maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    I'm new here. I've tried everything else and my friends who don't have children, well, don't know what it's like.

I'm 5'2", 116lbs. I'm really small boned, so being 116 isn't overweight per se. I had a boy in Dec 04. I got up to 173. :cry: After, I was around 145, dropped down to 98 (little thin there) and shot up to 116 after a hospitalization in Nov last year.

Since giving birth, I get this "muffin top" really easily - my belly just pokes over my jeans. And it sags over. Sorry, its sounds gross. But its awful. I have to layer my clothes. I hate it.

Sooooooo I'm here, hoping for some help. I'm usually pretty good at dieting and at first, i was just up 8 or so pounds, then 10, and now I'm EIGHTEEN pounds heavier than I was six months ago. A few of those pounds are okay but this is too much. Nothing fits and it's not quite right for my naturally tiny frame.

My downfall is bread and sugar. I can handle salty foods much better than I can wheat or breads (too bad, cause I can bake really great challah).

One bad thing is that I graduated in Dec and have been searching for a job ever since and that means more time at home. I also retain water very easily and gain weight easily - I have to eat less than 1200/day to maintain weight, and about 1,000/day to lose weight (ugh) with exercise and it gets harder and harder the smaller I am (and by "smaller" I mean anything less than 120 lbs).

Ok, so, I need buddies!! I hope to get to know you guys! It always seems to work best when I can share tips and recipes! I wasn't a very good cook before but I'm learning!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi and Welcome:flowerforyou: You will get plenty of support on here and I am sure some good advice about how to exercise for that mid section from other moms. :smile: Don't be shy, ask anything you want to know or just want to vent about your day. We are all here for you:heart:
  • maverickyanda
    HI! :) Here is my question: has anyone found a vaccuum to suck out stuff from your midsection yet? Oh yeah...its called lipo. :(

Hehehe.

Is it just me or do certain foods KILL your body more than others? I am sorry, but it is NOT calories in, calories out!!

Nice to meet you. :flowerforyou:
  • supersaver
    supersaver Posts: 39 Member
    It sound like you need exercise more than anything to control the tummy. I have 4 children looked great after the fourth one was born (as long as I went to 50 minute aerobics classes 6 times a week). The classes included a good 15-20 minutes of floor exercises. Hang in there. You can look better after children than before if you work at it. I am starting to change things in my life to try to get back to where I was 17 years ago. I'm new here, too, by the way. My 22 year old daughter got my started on this site.
  • supersaver
    supersaver Posts: 39 Member

• maverickyanda
    eh, you cant exercise skin, though.

i have abs UNDER the skin.

my ab wall is separated, though. :s
  • Texas_Candy
    Texas_Candy Posts: 55 Member

Hi there and welcome to the family. I've been here for over a week now and have lost 1.5 lbs. I hit a plateau and was not able to get beyond. I was referred to this site by a friend and have been hooked ever since. This is a great tool for information and motivation. Dive in and explore all the forums. There is never a stupid question. I wish you well! Hope to talk soon.

Candy
    64178.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

~Namaste
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    You defo not overweight just need some toneing exersises by the looks of it. Im 5 foot 3 inches and i want to get down to 120 pounds (im 190 at the mo and i feel gross i can tell you!)

Pamela

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Welcome to the site! You are gonna love it!
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Think positive thoughts, that always helps. Good luck. Call if u need some support. See you!
  • myriaann31
    myriaann31 Posts: 4
    Hey!! I totally get where you are coming from... the muffin top flabby skin thing... I'm a mother of an 11 month old & let me tell you.... it's gross, lol. I am over weight, but that flab of skin does NOT help the situation any. If you find any REAL good toning exercises that help that little skin thing, PLEASE let me know!! Oh, & good luck! I'm routing for you!!